All reviews ceiling paint room was clean small hotel place to sleep stores and restaurants short stay motel microwave highway cereal
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We just wanted a no frills place to sleep and shower while we visited the Hershey area attractions. The location was great and very easy to get to Hersheypark. The first room we were given was full of ants and we moved to a second location. The second room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The drapes were torn and the curtain rod was bent. However, they did close and blocked out the light. The fabric on the desk chair was peeling off. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2017

We stayed her 3 nights while attending the PA Farm Show. Our room was very clean and roomy. The entrance and the hallways were also very clean. When I called the front desk to ask for an extra blanket and in less than two minutes they were at my door. The room temperature was just right and even though our room was right in the front of the hotel it was Nice and quiet. My boyfriend did say that he could hear the people in the adjoining your room however I did not hear them. If I could change .anything I would upgrade the continental breakfast it was very very basic but then you're paying a budget price so you cannot expect a gourmet breakfast. I am sure we will be attending the farm show next year and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

Average middle of the line budget hotel. Room was clean but in desperate need of a update. No flat screen tv, old wall paper, dingy lighting. For the price u can't complain to much. I have stayed at far worse hotels.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

We went in halves with our friends for a 2-night stay while we were in town for the huge RV show. 2 couples in a room with 2 Queen beds (room 204). The room was decent size and had a fridge, micro and large tv. The negatives: of the 2 guys behind the counter at check in, one was wearing a fishing t-shirt the other a polo with the hotel logo. Other times they were right outside the entrance smoking. The complimentary breakfast was limited (but typical for a budget hotel. (The waffle maker was nice though!) There were only 3 small tables in a tiny area in the front lobby. It was cramped. The orange juice (from a dispenser) tasted like pure concentrate. Overall I guess it was a decent value considering the rates were higher - due to the thousands of people attending the show.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2016

Traveling from Chicago to Philadelphia requires me to charge my Tesla every 250 miles. Seeing my next Supercharge pit stop is at Harrisburg, I checked out the hotel nearby. There is Fairfield Inn by Marriott or Econo Lodge. With about $30 difference, I decided to save a few bucks and choose Econo Lodge. The old saying goes "you get what you pay for" comes to haunts me. Right away when I step into the lobby a pungent smell of sandalwood hit me. I am not sure if I was in Bangalore India or Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Since it is 1:30 in the morning, I have no choice but brave my way into my room. While taking the rickety elevator, I wondered how in the heck this unit got passed state inspection. I am sure it feels like it is going to fail anytime soon. When I got to my room, I noticed a closed door. I figured it was a door that goes to adjacent room when big family rents two rooms. It later dawned on me that the door is the door for the bathroom. Why is it close?? Normally, bathroom doors are open to show the guest where it is. But this is close. So i open it and realize why they kept it close all this time. The pungent smell of sewer and sandalwood mixed together to create a symphony of scent from hell. I tried to keep the fan on and close the door, but the fan and the lights are in motion sensor. So, i had no choice but close the door all night to keep me from vomiting. At this time, I was too tired to care. So I decided to just let it all go and next time stay in the car or pay extra bucks to stay in Fairfield Inn next door.
Woke up in the morning and just cant wait to get out of there. I was greeted by the receptionist in the lobby, not with "Good morning, Sir. How was your night?"; but with a "Do you have any ligher?". Puzzled, i said "No". He said, "How about a match?", I said, "No, i don't smoke". then he muttered something in Hindu and went back to the back of the counter. What?? That's the first thing you say to your customer in the morning? Asking for a lighter so you can smoke?
I left that place shaking my head and vow never to come back.

Room Tip: Bring a respirator mask, unless you like sandalwood smells.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business