“2016 Christmas Day visit”

Hibachi Grill & Buffet
Ranked #227 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Asian
Description: This restaurant is relatively new. Should not be confused with one close by that I haven't tried yet.
Reviewed December 28, 2016

It was crowded ! Extensive displays of food. People keep coming out to refill or change out the pans. It was a miracle to find Sweet Tea in the capital of Pennsylvania. Very attentive wait staff. I tipped them twenty two percent.

Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

After reading the review and looking at their restaurant inspection on line, I was skeptical but my kid insisted on a hibachi grill. To our surprise, everything was very clean. The restaurant wasn't super busy but the food on the steam tables was hot and mostly fresh, except for the turkey and tacos and other foods that were strange to find at a Chinese restaurant. These included frog legs, cranberry sauce, etc. The hibachi grill itself was nice and had a good selection. I think I'm the only person who must care about clean mushrooms, and I was disappointed to find those at the grill were not cleaned. Overall it was ok. Nothing horrible, nothing spectacular. The waitstaff was pleasant. It pleased our kid.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

We have eaten there many times and while the food from the grill is always hot, the foot on the buffet is always luke warm. I like my food hot, so I usually leave there not happy. They also do not have a lot of the dishes they used to have when they first opened

Reviewed July 11, 2016

We have one of these in my hometown but this one is much better. We ate on a Friday night and all the food was hot and replenished frequently. It was actually so good we ate there again the next night! My husband really enjoyed the hibachi grill and having his food cooked in front of him while me and our super-picky 3 year old ate off the buffet. We will definitely be back if we're ever in the area again.

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

Our family and a friend (there were only 4 of us) went to this restaurant after we discovered that our first choice was closed for remodeling. We were sat as soon as we arrived but that's when are horrible dining experience began. We orders our drinks and went to the restrooms and then to the buffet. We selected our food/ordered some sushi and returned to the table. No drinks (3sodas and a water). We were eating our food and waiting for our waitress to arrive. We were almost halfway through before anyone checked on us and told them we needed our drinks. Another 5 minutes went by before we got our drinks. The food was overly greasy. The banana pudding tasted like children's bubblegum Tylenol. When the waitress came back and asked if we wanted refills, she asked only my husband and I if we wanted refills and failed to ask our 18yr old if she wanted another. At the sushi bar they only had 1set of tongs for all varieties of sushi.
The waitress brought our check and we sat there waiting for her to come back with the change, no way was I leaving a large tip. We had to tell the other waitress that we were waiting for the change and the attitude and unprofessional rudeness of this establishment caused me to write this review.

3  Thank tcoover