“Date night...”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Reservations @ 6:30 & we were greeted with a smile. Friendly service all around. We chose to dine al fresco in a small fenced in patio area which was nice. Our server Danielle was friendly & attentive. The fall menu had just started and there are many intriguing options. I would describe it as an adventurous menu...We chose the duck & meatloaf. Both were prepared & presented & cooked to order. We also has the sweet potato hush puppies. The food was definitely fresh. The food was good & the atmosphere urban. However, the “wow” factor was absent. They do have limited parking shared with another restaurant which was full when we arrived so plan to hunt a little. We did find a spot on State Street. Overall, a 3.75 rating...we would give it another try.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here yesterday. It was delicious! He had the smoked salmon sandwich and I had the classic burger. We’re eating low carb, so we both ordered salads as our side and no bread/buns. Very high quality meal, fresh ingredients and cooked perfectly. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Hoping to go back again sometime.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Farm to table food is delicious (brussel sprouts & deviled eggs are fav. appetizers). Place is squeezed into a city row home... but this makes the atmosphere cozy. Bar is small (right as you enter), however the bartender is awesome. A patio out back with Italian lights is relaxing and great for a “date night dinner.” One of the freshest places to eat in Harrisburg.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

I had read the great reviews of this place so my expectations were high – perhaps too high. The menu is interesting, and my wife enjoyed the chili-glazed octopus and I thought the pork belly entrée was very nice, but the service was very slooow and the noise level made conversation all but impossible. We couldn’t wait to pay our bill and leave.

1  Thank KH198
jessicaa0277, Owner at Home 231, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

KH198,

I am very sorry your experience fell short of your expectations. I would love to follow up further with you. Would you mind emailing me at Home231HBG@gmail.com, so I can learn more specifics! Thank You!

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Outstanding food and engaged service Not tried brunch on a weekend, but weekday lunch or dinner is always a pleasure!