“Poor lighting, worse attitude.”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Took 3 tries to get a room with light bulbs and lamps that functioned. The front desk person at 4 pm said there was no manager and no maintenance person available and that maybe they were unplugged, I should check myself. Made him come look and he could not get the lights to work. Finally found a room with usable lights and there was nothing basically wrong with it, had all the amenities. When our bill came in the morning it was twenty dollars over the price we had been quoted the night before. The bill was adjusted after I said I would take it up with corporate and write a review on trip advisor. So kudos to the morning guy at the front desk. And the evening guy needs to be fired. For corporate, this is the second bad experience we have had at a comfort inn and likely to be the last. Comfort is supposed to be one of the nicer places in their line and in our recent experience, that is not to be relied on. Marriott here we come.

Room Tip: Find another hotel, this is on a busy street.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon I

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Our stay at the Comfort Inn in Harrisburg, PA was an overall pleasant stay. My wife and I were visiting Hersheypark which was less than 10 miles from the hotel, very convenient. This Comfort Inn is also close to several great restaurants, grocery stores, and general retailers as well.

The cleaning staff was one of the friendliest I have every experienced. These hardworking men and women were on top of their game to ensure their guests were tended to. We were still in our room while they were doing their rounds and just set our trash bags in the hall. The one gentleman asked if we needed any towels, linens, toiletries, etc which he provided. He also added to please let the cleaning staff know if we needed anything whatsoever.

The breakfast every morning was a great start to your day. Several great selections from eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, cereal, yogurt, and many other items for a variety of tastes. Although I would recommend going early because it is a small lobby area and gets really crowded on Friday and Saturday mornings.
The only minor issue I had was the mattress seemed dated because my wife and I could feel the box springs. But despite that we didn't have any real problems falling asleep. And it surely will not deter us from staying at this Comfort Inn location in the future.

Sean M. Womersley

Room Tip: Great hotel for budget conscious travelers
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017

the man yelled at me for walking down the hall way and talking to my freind quietly. we were just goin down stairs and having a conversation and a man came uo to us and yelled at us for no apparent reason .

Room Tip: dont go here at any cost
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was right off of 81 and only ten minutes from Hershey Park. It was clean and the rooms were very spacious. I liked the location because it was in driving distance of several restaurants and shopping. I feel the hotels closer than Hershey were more money and didn't have as many options as far as dining as this hotel did. I would definitely stay here again if we go to Hersey park.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

If you use GPS you are able to find excellent hotels for better prices than the ones seen from the Interstate. This would be one. Priced at 30% to 40% less than those, it offers the same amenities. Really enjoyed it and would go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We liked the room. The pool was very clean and taken care of. Breakfast was very good.
We asked for a roll away bed and got it fairly quickly. WiFi was just ok. Night manager was very busy most of the time. But we did enjoy all the food options.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Somewhat late decision to extend a weekend after a soccer tournament in Lititz to visit Hershey. Chose this hotel because it was an affordable option far enough away from the park to avoid the exorbitant rate hikes for closer hotels. This was a perfectly fine option for a one night stay.

We arrived late afternoon and check in was easy enough. I had reserved a pull out bed and when I asked to confirm the room we were assigned had it, I was told it would be brought down. A few minutes after arriving, a staff person delivered the bed, but clearly struggled to set it up - foreshadowing.

Before leaving for the park to take advantage of the free evening hours the night before you have full day passes, the kids wanted to jump in the pool. Outdoor pool was a good size with the added bonus of a 9 foot deep end the kids took full advantage of. While there, we tried to ignore the (homeless?) person lingering in the area behind the pool smoking cigarettes.

Returning to the hotel after being one of the last to leave the park, we found the beds to be comfortable. The pull out was another matter as I volunteered to be the one to take that. I should have expected after seeing the staff person struggle with it, the bed to collapse as soon as I laid down. Setting it back up and carefully lying down, I ended up having a better night's sleep than I expected.

We were up a little later than we wanted and found the breakfast buffet area packed with families before 8am. The area is undersized, perhaps 6 tables and a small counter space with the buffet lining the walls. The kids made waffles and ate eggs and bacon while the car was packed. The coffee I made myself didn't make it past a few sips before being tossed out at the Sheetz station a couple of blocks down the road. It's about a 12 minute drive to Hershey Park via the back roads the Wayz app directed us.

Overall, no complaints and this was a decent option for a one night stay, but we'd probably cough up the extra money for any longer trips planned to Hershey Park.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family