“Authentic Philly steak and cheese ”

Philadelphia Steaks & Hoagies
Ranked #117 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had the #2 small steak with cheese fries and a drink. Great lunch. Fresh steak sliced every day. Delicious in the details. Fast, efficient service. Line up, tell 'em what you want, not what you don't want! Pay and within a couple minutes your food is ready to go.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

On my recent trip to Harrisburg I wanted an authentic cheesesteak. This place delivered! Absolutely amazing! Hot, fresh, cheesy deliciousness. They even have birch beer on the fountain. I read a couple of reviews that said the staff was gruff but I found them to be very friendly and patient. You can’t go wrong eating here!!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Traveling with daughter and 2 grandsons who wanted to try a true Philly cheesesteak. What a great place to do this. Staff was outstanding and food excellent. Cheesesteaks were fresh and delicious, turkey subs were also very good.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

This place is definitely worth the hassle of parking and the long line. I don’t like Philly cheesesteaks but I love it from here. Everything was good I will be back

Reviewed June 20, 2017

I've been coming here to get lunch for years, but never again. Despite frequenting this place I consistently get a smug and condescending attitude from the staff. Especially from the young man that makes the hoagies. Each and every time I place my order I am rushed and barked at like a dog. Not a smile or kind word in sight. I have also noticed that in the past year the prices have gone up while the portion sizes have gone down. I have news for the people that run this place. Your food is NOT that good and the amount of customers to this location is primarily driven by close proximity to the Capitol and the open air food court in the rear of the building. You have done well because when it comes to cheesesteaks you are the only game in town. That can always change, and when it does I expect that many will opt for an alternative that includes a decent atmosphere and positive attitude from employees. DO NOT take your customers for granted. As for me, I am already gone and never coming back.