“Best Japanese/Asian Fusion in town”
Review of Shogun

Shogun
Ranked #42 of 578 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 2, 2015

I have dined here five times and every experience was excellent. I heard about it from a friend who makes his own sushi and he said that Shogun is the best he ever tried so my wife and I stopped in for some sushi, pad thai, and fried rice.

Our first impressions were that we were in New York City at a 5 star restaurant, the decor is amazing, the staff was super friendly, the food was excellent and nowhere near the prices of a 5 star restaurant!

We brought our daughters back the next trip and they loved it, then we brought my parents and they also loved it! On our last visit we got the full Hibachi treatment and it was also great.

In summary this is one of those few restaurants I feel confident in recommending to friends, my 10 year old wants to go back this weekend for a Philly roll and fried rice.

Reviewed May 25, 2015

This is what my wife and i had ordered. We loved every single bite.
Miso Soup
Wonton Soup
Yum Yum Roll
House Special Roll
Ricky Roll
and Three Musketeer Roll

Though this place is in a shopping plaza and does not look like much at all from the outside the inside is really cool looking. Dark setting with what I take to be an Asian theme with the colors and the style inside it. My wife and I enjoyed the place, the service and the food. We know where we will be stopping next time we are traveling near Harrisburg, Hershey next time.
As you can see from our photo the food was nicely laid out on the plate and we were just happy looking at it :)

Go here and enjoy a wonderful meal.

Reviewed May 22, 2015

I have eaten here a number of times over the past two years and had I written my review the first two times, I could have given it 4 stars. After all, it is a very nicely decorated place with a relaxing environment. The visit just previous to this one I was less than impressed. And now, I'm not going to recommend this for the sushi AT ALL!! Here is why:

When they first opened they were a BYOB which is great at a sushi place. You can bring your own bottle of wine or Saki and your money is spent on the sushi. The first few times, the sushi was great. Good quality, good variety, great presentation. Then they got there liquor license and it seemed they started focusing more on having fancy mixed cocktails and expensive bottles of wine than the sushi.

We used to come here for the Shogun Signature Roll special where you ordered a special roll for $13-$16 and got the second roll for $1. We each got 2 rolls which allowed us to sample 4 different kinds and for about $15 each we not only had dinner, but lunch the next day. They have raised that to $2 for the second roll, which would be a bargain IF it was quality sushi.

Last night I was there with a large group of friends for sushi (remember, this review is about their sushi, not the hibachi or other menu items)... We all ordered a variety of special rolls so that each of us could sample several. What stood out to me was every roll was missing sashimi. It didn't matter what the description on the menu said, every roll contained the same (minced or pureed) mystery fish puree mixture. It had no flavor and did not seem fresh. For me, sushi rolls are about the FRESH ingredients, the sashimi on top or inside, the rice, the roe and the veggies. I've attached pictures of the following so you can see the mystery puree:

Spicy Girl Roll 13.95
Inside: spicy tuna, avocado, cucumber
Outside: spicy salmon, jalapeno & wasabi mayo

Three Musketeer Roll 13.95
Spicy tuna, spicy salmon, spicy yellowtail, avocado, crunchy in soy nori, served with spicy mayo and hot chili sauce

As for the service, the wait staff are attentive when you first come in and order but then tend to leave you alone... which makes it hard to get a drink refill.

There are better options in this area so I won't likely return here for sushi.

1  Thank UntamedAZlady
Reviewed March 18, 2015 via mobile

We went a little after they first opened. It would be a place to go for an occasion, birthday ect.because they do put on a show. The food had a great taste but the chicken had a rubber texture & we let them know about it. Just a fun place to go,have not been back,do not know if they resolved the issue.

Reviewed January 26, 2015

This is a very well appointed restaurant-the decor is very nice and roomy which provides privacy for dates or business meetings. There are cool water features that divide the rooms. Food is very good, and wait staff are attentive. The sushi chefs are excellent. The hibachi chefs are fun as they cook. Great place to relax. Full service bar too!

Been to Shogun? Share your experiences!