“Amazing staff and good food! ”
Review of Sammy's

Sammy's
Ranked #40 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining at Sammy’s on 9-12-18. I made reservations a month prior and was seated right away. It’s a small establishment so I highly recommend making reservations. I am vegan and the waiter Randy was knowledgeable with I asked him if a particular menu item could be made vegan. I got the pasta primavera with garlic and oil (no cheese). It was probably some of the best primavera I have ever had in my life!!! I cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

We were in town for a wedding and this restaurant was in walking distance of our hotel. It was a quite Saturday night, because of the holiday, which worked for me. We brought our own bottle of wine and started with the calamari - tasty. Salads and bread were average. The Sea bass, chicken francais and the veal parm were all fantastic - not leftovers. Price and portions were good. Leroy was our server and we met Sammy. I would go back if in town again, for sure. Great decision to give it a try.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Walking past Sammy’s looking for a place to eat, the server, Leroy talked us into coming in to try their food. We were greeted by Sammy and the place looked very quaint and clean. Smelled great. Our service was outstanding by Leroy and the food by Sammy was top notch!!!! Definitely going to make the trip back here with my wife for dinner. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

We had the pleasure of dining at Sammy's last evening, for our wedding anniversary. While it isn't the end all be all of event dining, it was, and always is a welcome place to visit. I wanted to throw some credit toward our server, Frank. He was managing the entire upstairs dining room on his own, and doing a bang up job of it. Kudos.

In general, Sammy's is always a bit loud, a bit cramped, beautiful views of the State Capitol building to one side, the open kitchen to the other. While establishments come and go in downtown, Sammy's stands the test of time.

Specifically, our meal last evening. The bread and salads arrive quickly. Clearly, they are not scratch made. This is ok by me as the entrees more than make up for it.

She had the veal marsala, and loved it. I didn't get a taste as I didn't want to run the risk of having to share my veal saltimbocca. :)

My veal was tender, the portions were almost generous. The bow tie pasta, while slightly uneventful, served it's purpose - Stay out of the way and the let the meat and sauce shine. Sammy makes all sauces to order. This becomes very clear with one bite.

We finished with a split of the Creme Brule. Made in house. Perfect tasty caramelization on the top.

The restaurant is BYOB which means you can bring in a great bottle of wine, without breaking the bank. There are no corkage fees. As such, always be sure to tip on the value of the bottle!

I give Sammy's five stars, every time. However, in the spirit of providing unbiased reviews, I have to give four, solely on the fact of the pre-prepared bread and salad.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The service at Sammy's was excellent. Leroy provided top notch wait service. The food was simply delicious. The portion sizes were just right.