“"AWESOME"...18 oz BONE-IN RIBEYE STEAK”

Dodge City Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2017

My name is Mark and I am from the Boston area. This past Monday (Dec.11, 2017) I was in Harrisburg, PA. for an overnight stay. I researched online prior to going there for a non-"chain" steakhouse and found Dodge City Steakhouse near my hotel. I read the reviews and decided that was gonna be the place. Although it was not a busy night (Mondays aren't busy at any restaurant anyways), I was greeted at the door and served a remarkable meal at the bar. My server (Brandon...the bartender) was a great guy and very polite and knowledgeable of the menu. I chose the !8oz bone-in ribeye and ordered it "Pittsburgh" style and it was served PERFECT!!! I first ordered the French Onion soup and that was delicious. Honestly, I probably could of ate another 18oz it was AWESOME!... I asked Brandon to inform the chef (Dougie) that that was the BEST Steak I have ever been served! Chef Dougie came out and thanked me and the 3 of us had a great conversation... which I enjoyed also!... although this restaurant hit hard times many years ago according to Chef Dougie it is NO LONGER! It is a Great steakhouse and I will be back there!....Please make it a point in your travels to eat there.... Best of Luck guys! Mark ....Boston

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Biggmarko

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

First time here...will definitely be returning! Excellent waitress, very attentive! Excellent food, seasoned well, not the same old stuff, cooked to our pleasure. An all around great place!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank FunnFoody
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on a recent weeknight. Crowd was light, easy to get a comfortable booth. Menu has some interesting apps and salads, as well as a nice selection of entrees. Definitely beef centric but enough other choices for the non-beef eaters. We opted for soups to start with: French onion and beer cheese. Both were really tasty, but not very hot. Next up we’re salads, the bright spot it the meal. We went with a wedge and the icicle lettuce salad. Both were excellent. For entrees, we opted for the cold smoked delmonico and the blue cheese burger. Both were very tasty but again, could have been hotter. We would return as the food was great, perhaps the temperature thing was a fluke?

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Kevin V
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Lots of parking, good food but not great . Waitresses eager to please and the food was better than local Logan steakhouses or other such plain portioned predictable fair.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Went to Dodge City with my family for brunch. We were promptly seated and enjoyed one of the best brunches we've had. Omelette were made to order, the breakfast quesadilla was excellent and the entire meal was filling and very satisfying. They serve brunch with bacon, home fries cooked perfectly and a nice sweet roll. Drinks were fine as was the coffee. An excellent spot for Sunday Brunch.

Date of visit: July 2017