“Good Food, Good Service but VERY Noisy.”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #33 of 591 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The meal and service was good. The atmosphere was fair considering you were in a ranch style setting. NOT the type of place you could hold a decent conversation with whoever you were with. Seemed like there was always a birthday customer or a line dance going on. When that takes place, forget about talking because the other person will not be able to hear you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went during the weekend about 530 so it had picked up.

We sat at the bar to get seated right away which is Aggie plan. The greeter took the time to deliver us bread since we went ahead of her.

We opened with cheese fries which are better than most places. My wife ordered my favorite - the chicken fried chicken. I ordered the same (again) with a baked potato. Excellent as always.

As mentioned in the title, I hate the wait for tables so we sat at the bar.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Normally I do not write reviews for Texas Roadhouse because back home, this place is a staple when it comes to restaurants.

We decided to stop over in Hershey PA on our way back from New York City and I wanted a steak I knew I could trust would be good. For some reason I pulled Texas Roadhouse to see the reviews and I was shocked at some of the bad reviews. To the point we almost decided not to go but I thought a bad TR steak is still better than any good steak from any other mid priced steakhouse.

We arrived, ordered and the service was amazing. Roy, our server did a fantastic job, one of the best waiters I’d ever had.

The salad was cold as always and the 12oz ribeye steak cooked to protection.

Great Job Texas Roadhouse - again!

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

This location has really gone down hill. We ordered to go and when we got to our hotel room some of our items were missing, the steak was nothing but fat, the salad was rotten and the core was actually in my container. We complained and were given a $15 comp for another visit. That didn’t even cover 1 meal let alone 2. We choose to use that at the camp hill location. MUCH better!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We usually have had inconsistent meals here. Steaks have been hit or miss...and service,depending on the server...must be high turnover..is usually satisfactory. Tonight,however, we had a terrible experience. First,we had a coupon for a free appetizer...cheese fries,which we waited a long time to receive and then the cheese was hard..not melted. We sent it back...came out the same way! Then we had salads,which has always been served in a cold dish and greens crisp and fresh..not this time! Well I still had hope for our steak. Again....once I cut through the severely charred outside,it was done acceptable. However, my partner's steak had several pieces of gristle..not acceptable. We also had to ask the manager to turn the air conditioning temperature up as it was as cold as the Arctic. Was a new cook hired or a new manager? Either way,we will be not coming back. Choose the one on the west side...they seem to be on the ball.