“The price was great, but.....”
Review of Harrisburg Hotel

Harrisburg Hotel
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 15 April 2015

I will say I'm usually a Marriott loyalist, but due to all Marriott properties being sold out I booked this hotel. The bathroom had mold in the tub and the water was running all night, thus it made sleep less than peaceful. The staff was very friendly and the price was great, but I would pass in the future on staying at this property. I checked in the hotel late at night and wasn't going to ask for another room.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Phillip_Murray, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Dear 201 Caribbean:

I am very disappointed that you checked into a room that had mold in the tub and the water was running all night. One of the biggest challenges I have is when I receive a review like yours and I am unable know what room you stayed in. I do apologize that you experienced this and I will emphasize to my front desk staff to make sure they ask "ALL" guest how was their stay, we then could fix the problem immediately and reassure you, Our VALUED Guest that your experience is the utmost importance to us. I do hope you will allow us to make this right with you in the future. Thank you so very much for taking your valuable time to share with me your stay with us.

Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and decided to stay there again. When we checked in, we asked where the jacuzzi was, and the response was, "Oh, does the website still say we have a jacuzzi?"
After we'd been in the room, I had to ask at the front desk for some toiletries that were not in our room, they gave me some, but must not have spoken to housekeeping because the next evening the toiletries were not replenished, and neither was the toilet paper.
The worst, however was that the door to our room had apparently been kicked in at some point and had been repaired, poorly.
For twice the price of the Howard Johnson's down the road, it's not even half as good. Don't bother.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Hello Rosy D:

I am terribly sorry that your experience with us failed to meet your expectations. It is quite clear that we did not deliver on our part. We have put in the request to have the "Jacuzzi" removed from our website and any/all third party websites. I have met with my housekeeping staff to find out why you did not receive the toiletry items in your room and I discovered that our "Inspectors" failed to visit your room and I have addressed that this is a must and I should not have to read a review like this. I have also explained to my front desk staff that it is imperative that when a guest experiences an issue here at our hotel we "MUST" make it right before they leave. I do hope you will give me the opportunity to make this right for you. Again, my sincerest apology for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

I started my trip without luggage and far from home. Flo came in with her outstanding customer service and went above and beyond to help me out. She provided me with not just basic essentials but was so nice and attentive. She made sure I was comfortable even without all of my stuff. Things are things, but the people make the place and this place was fantastic! Great work Wyndham and keep being awesome Flo!

Room Tip: quiet floors, great service
1  Thank Rachel C
Phillip_Murray, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

Dear Rachel C.:

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. It is one way that we are able to address any issues that may arise and how we can correct/improve our guest experience. It is so rewarding to receive comments that share a positive light on our efforts to meet and exceed customer's experience. What is also quite rewarding is to hear about any of our employees specifically. Our Guest Service Agent Flo is an asset to this hotel and I am so proud that she is part of our team. Flo will be recognized during our all employee meeting, (which we hold monthly) for going above and beyond regarding your comments on this Trip Advisor. Thank you again for taking your valuable time to share your experience.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

We haven't stayed there for a while, but decided to try again and we were happy with room. Comfortable and clean and front desk helpful and cheery.

Thank Dallas D. F
Phillip_Murray, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

Dear Valued Guest;

I wish to thank you for your review and truly wish that we could of earned a five point from you and not a three. I do invite you back so that we can earn a five point review from you, again thank you for taking your time to let us know how we are doing.

Respectfully yours

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We waited on line to check in as other people attending the same event were also checking in at the same time. Only one staff member was at the desk, also answering phone calls. There were other people who had complaints. When we got to our room, one of the beds collapsed. I went to the desk to change rooms. The second room was cold and the faucet in the tub was running slightly. We turned the heat on and adjusted the faucet to the one place that it would stay off. The heater did not stop running. At this point it was late and we were exhausted so we turned off the heat and went to sleep. The next morning, I could not get any hot water to take a shower and since we were planning to go back to the Expo, didn't have time to call about it. When I checked out, a female staff member asked about my stay and as I was telling her, the phone rang and she answered it and just dropped my conversation.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us how your stay was. This gives us an opportunity to correct and applause our employees. I am so very sorry that your experience with us was not a 5 point review. I will be addressing your stay with my Chief Engineer regarding the bed collapsing, faucet running, heater in room and no hot water. I will also make sure that all employees give the utmost attention to our guest especially when they ask how was there stay. This is not the way we manage our hotel and these issues will be addressed and corrected. Again, thank you for sharing with us your stay.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

There are a number of bad reviews about this place so when we went with my son's hockey team for a local tournament, I was worried. The place is fine. Yes I have stayed in nicer hotels but this place was good. It does need some interior work but it's nothing terrible. Our room was clean and the shower was great...hot and powerful!!!! Yes the grout in the tiles could have used some bleach but the bathroom sink, vanity and floor were new. Wifi worked fine.
The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Phillip_Murray, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2015

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you so kindly for writing your favorable review of our property. As the new General Manager, my goal is to improve the overall guest experience and insure the consistency in cleanliness and customer service. I have noted your comments related to the bathroom grout and will ensure that a proper preventive maintenance program is in place to catch this issue along with the overall guest rooms. Again, thank you for your review and allowing us to provide a good experience for you..

Respectfully Yours,