See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 27, 2015

Calvin was especially helpful in booking my stay and I especially appreciated the call from the front desk asking if my room was acceptable. Your people demonstrated the utmost in professionalism and customer service.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Phillip_Murray, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2015

Dear Barry J;

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share with us how your experience with us was. We strive to meet if not exceed our guest expectations and it is nice to see that we do achieve this goal with you. May you have a wonderful week and once again. thank you for sharing.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

We stayed here because of the information on the web promising a renovated hotel and the location was central to the places we needed to travel to. The hotel is in a great location which is the good news the rest of the details are not so positive. The hotel really needs a refresh, poor lighting in the lobby and elevators that barely function. The hotel is not a welcoming place in the least. Check-in was long and only one person was at the desk, he was a friendly man, but the time was really late and the staff was not adequate for the guests checking in. The room and the hallways are dark, gloomy and musty. The linens are torn and need replacing, the room is old and needs updating, only one trash can was in the room not in the bathroom and the coffee maker was old and seemed not so safe or modern. The second day no maid service was provided and when we complained and asked for fresh towels they were not available and we were told they had many check-outs and 105 check-ins as if that was our concern as guests. Then on our last day we slept in our non-made room without fresh linens and when we went to shower there was no hot water, which just sealed the deal. Although the staff seems to try hard, the property lacks any investment from the owners to maintain and make the guest experience a positive one that you would recommend a Wyndham property for a future stay. DO NOT stay in this property. We travel often and I am sorry we took the time to join the Wyndham rewards program since we will never book a stay with Wyndham again.

Room Tip: Avoid any contact.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear Ann K,

I can not explain to you enough how disappointed I am with your most resent stay. Our ownership does take pride in the product that we deliver to our customers and we know that it is imperative that your experience is a positive one, not like what you experienced. There are plans to complete a renovation of this property and bring the rooms up to a Wyndham Standard. The other issues are a direct result of my employees not completing there jobs properly. I am training our current housekeeping staff and inspectors to ensure that you have fresh linen everyday and your room is cleaned on a daily basis. Please except my sincerest apology and I truly hope you will allow me the opportunity to make this experience RIGHT!

Reviewed April 15, 2015

I will say I'm usually a Marriott loyalist, but due to all Marriott properties being sold out I booked this hotel. The bathroom had mold in the tub and the water was running all night, thus it made sleep less than peaceful. The staff was very friendly and the price was great, but I would pass in the future on staying at this property. I checked in the hotel late at night and wasn't going to ask for another room.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Dear 201 Caribbean:

I am very disappointed that you checked into a room that had mold in the tub and the water was running all night. One of the biggest challenges I have is when I receive a review like yours and I am unable know what room you stayed in. I do apologize that you experienced this and I will emphasize to my front desk staff to make sure they ask "ALL" guest how was their stay, we then could fix the problem immediately and reassure you, Our VALUED Guest that your experience is the utmost importance to us. I do hope you will allow us to make this right with you in the future. Thank you so very much for taking your valuable time to share with me your stay with us.

Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and decided to stay there again. When we checked in, we asked where the jacuzzi was, and the response was, "Oh, does the website still say we have a jacuzzi?"
After we'd been in the room, I had to ask at the front desk for some toiletries that were not in our room, they gave me some, but must not have spoken to housekeeping because the next evening the toiletries were not replenished, and neither was the toilet paper.
The worst, however was that the door to our room had apparently been kicked in at some point and had been repaired, poorly.
For twice the price of the Howard Johnson's down the road, it's not even half as good. Don't bother.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple

Hello Rosy D:

I am terribly sorry that your experience with us failed to meet your expectations. It is quite clear that we did not deliver on our part. We have put in the request to have the "Jacuzzi" removed from our website and any/all third party websites. I have met with my housekeeping staff to find out why you did not receive the toiletry items in your room and I discovered that our "Inspectors" failed to visit your room and I have addressed that this is a must and I should not have to read a review like this. I have also explained to my front desk staff that it is imperative that when a guest experiences an issue here at our hotel we "MUST" make it right before they leave. I do hope you will give me the opportunity to make this right for you. Again, my sincerest apology for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed March 23, 2015

I started my trip without luggage and far from home. Flo came in with her outstanding customer service and went above and beyond to help me out. She provided me with not just basic essentials but was so nice and attentive. She made sure I was comfortable even without all of my stuff. Things are things, but the people make the place and this place was fantastic! Great work Wyndham and keep being awesome Flo!

Room Tip: quiet floors, great service
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel C
Phillip_Murray, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

Dear Rachel C.:

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. It is one way that we are able to address any issues that may arise and how we can correct/improve our guest experience. It is so rewarding to receive comments that share a positive light on our efforts to meet and exceed customer's experience. What is also quite rewarding is to hear about any of our employees specifically. Our Guest Service Agent Flo is an asset to this hotel and I am so proud that she is part of our team. Flo will be recognized during our all employee meeting, (which we hold monthly) for going above and beyond regarding your comments on this Trip Advisor. Thank you again for taking your valuable time to share your experience.

Phillip Murray