“Best bakery in Hatbi”
Review of Lochel's Bakery

Lochel's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Hatboro
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

This is best bakery in Hatboro. Their cakes are outstanding and the cream filled donuts are amazing. They'll go the extra mile when decorating their cakes. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 23, 2018

Might be the best pound cake EVER! Everything is good but the cake takes the cake! Clean& friendly. Just a great local bakery.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

I came here specifically for a Boston cream pie, as my son requested one for his birthday. I had a lot going on and just didn’t have sufficient time to make the custard myself, so I searched out a bakery that sold them. I don’t eat Boston cream pie, so I can only go by what the rest of the family though. It was basically “ok. Nothing special. Yours is better.” I did buy cupcakes and butter cookies and I thought they were delicious. The reason for the four stars is because the staff isn’t overly friendly. I understand it’s a busy place, but a welcoming smile would be nice. I really felt like I had annoyed the staff by coming in and patronizing the business. My husband and I used to visit Lochel’s when they were in Levittown, before the fire, so we are somewhat long standing customers. I drove to this location which isn’t the closest bakery to me, not by far. I e met Kathleen locally here and there about town and she is always kind and willing to have a cordial conversation. The staff needs to be appreciative of the daily customers, not just when they’re attempting to win a contest, which btw I actively participated in the last two years and congratulations on your wins.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank IrishScorp
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Had cupcakes here for my birthday! My hubby picked them up, they have great cake and they will do a photo on the cake! Chocolate icing could be a little better LOL !

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Hey have definitely filled their shelves since competition came in to the borough. Last time I was in the store, I just felt like hey didn’t appreciate the customer though. If you could spare a friendly smile for your customer, I think we would’ve felt more welcomed.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Patricia W

Been to Lochel's Bakery? Share your experiences!