All reviews golf course outdoor pool one bedroom unit through rci full kitchen lake wallenpaupack promised land state park huge lake nice condo coal mine air hockey a king size bed living room spiral stair case fresh paint table tennis great relaxing time
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great place to vacation. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful, the condo was white glove clean, efficiently stocked with all your kitchen utencil needs and the view was outstanding. The condo and bedrooms are very large. The upstairs bathroom was massive. Access to major roads was great. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank c j
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I continue to stay at this excellent resort for the close proximity to some great trout fishing.
Located 1 hour drive from the upper Delaware River and a five minute drive from the historic Lackawaxen River, I haven't missed so many fish on 2-4 pound leaders than anywhere else in the world. Native and stocked rainbow trout in the upper Delaware River fight hard and long.
Depending on the flow of the Lac brook, rainbow and Browns are plentiful. Kids would enjoy bank fishing on this river.

After a long day on either river, it is nice to know that my 2 bedroom villa has a hot tub to relax my back and shoulder muscles. If I want to take a break, I pursue my other vice and play golf at two finely kept golf resorts. (p.s.- at reasonable prices for 18 holes).

Many activities and antique shops are located in and around Hawley, PA. Lake Wallenpaupack also provides a miriad recreational opportunities as well as some good striper action, 20-40-lb range. Contact Mark at the Wallenpaupack Sport Shop to verify any of the above. I also have not even touched on the deer,bear fox,rabbit and duck hunting that abound in this region of the Poconos.

Stay, play, relax and enjoy this wonderful resort and all it has to offer.

p.s. Guide services are avilable. Ask Mark or Mr.Appert.

Fishingly yours,
JRZ

Room Tip: Corner villa are the best. Both one and two bedrooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeffrey Z
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just returned from vacationing a week in the Poconos with my family. I stayed at the Tanglewood Resort (timeshare) and had a wonderful time. My family had a (2) bedroom loft unit. The resort was well appointed and provided extra amenities like free use of a DVD player for the week and free Wi-Fi in the room. The resort is centrally located to attractions such as the lake that is across the street, casinos, hiking trails, NASCAR Pocono Raceway and many roads leading to beautiful drives. Super Wal-Mart, Kmart, Dollar Tree, many grocery stores and other stores are a short drive away. The staff (Angie), was great in providing information about the area and addressing our questions.

Room Tip: One word of caution is that many units are not conducive for those with walking disabilities. There are steps to get to some of the units and the (2) bedroom unit that I had, included a spiral staircase to the loft area. My dad and sister (both need aide in walking) did ok. But someone restricted to a wheelchair may have difficulty in a similar unit. I read that some of the units can accommodate those with disabilities.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank goldengirl1019
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My review (not a happy camper) was my first trip there and many things went wrong on that vacation. However after reading my review I was contacted by the resort and offered at 2 day stay free of charge for my troubles the first time. We make trips to pa often so I figured we could give them another shot. My only request was to be located close to the office area. With only a 10 notice they where more than accommodating. We arrived late and checked in no problem, I called office for a cot and it was there within minutes. Once again the condo was very clean and very neat. We had a great location right next to the pool and a small playground. Everyone (even the maintenance staff were very helpful). I would like to thank Rebecca for following up with me after my first review. Not only would I stay there again I will also recommend it to family and friends. I am very please with Tanglewood resort and their staff for taking the time to make things right so that we could enjoy this vacation.

Kathy Tonini
Taunton Ma

Room Tip: Ask to be located near office...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kathytonini
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this resort for a full week in July of this year. Our suite was perfect! Very clean, roomy, well appointed with a variety of kitchen appliances and tools. Large bin provided for recycling, good televisions in living area and bedroom. We were a short drive or walk from the office. Re coffee - don't understand why we couldn't get a week's supply of coffee pods, rather than 2 or 3 at a time.Plenty of towels and linens, and we were able to get a new supply of towels upon request. The washer/dryer was free and very close to our suite.
This resort is in a wonderful location, right across from a huge lake. Our suite was in a building that did not face the water, but that was ok with us. The office personnel were knowledgeable about local attractions and services. The town of Hawley, right down the highway, is picturesque and full of restaurants of various types. If you are coming from the south, the highway that runs right along the lake is appealing, although it has curves you may want to avoid at night. There are other ways to reach the resort, however. We did not use the pool or any other resort offerings.We would love to stay at Tanglwood again - really a pleasant experience!

Room Tip: It is our understanding that you can book a room that faces the water right across the street if you just ask for such a room. We did not know that prior to our arrival. Nevertheless, our room that opened onto the woods was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple