1,556 results
All reviews bumper cars meal plan go karts all ages woodloch pines zip line dining room family vacation snow tubing petting zoo mountain laurel indoor playground whole family paddle boats cupcake wars batting cages something for everyone
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Just got back from Woodloch Pines and I am not sure what everyone is talking about. The food was very average, the whole place needs major updating and to me the prices are outrageous! I kept having to tell myself I can't believe I paid these prices for the Poconos. I understand they have loyal customers, but I think a few of them should try an all inclusive cruise to Bermuda or the Bahamas for the same price. I won't be back...Just my opinion~There are so much nicer places to stay.

Date of stay: June 2008
6  Thank Kathy04FloralPark
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Woodloch is our home away from home. This was our 3rd year at Woodloch and each year gets better than the last. This year as well as our 1st year at Woodloch our family of 2 boys, 8 and 10, went as part of a family reunion with 18 people ranging from 5 to 82 years old. Everyone has such fond memories that we all hope to come back year after year as many do, some as children and now with their own children. This family run resort makes everyone feel as if they are a part of their large family. Their hospitality and kindness is extraordinary which differentiates them from every other place that I have been to. This year as in past years, they did everything in their power to make sure everyone had a wonderful time. For instance, my father, who is 82 yrs. old, has been playing soccer for over 60 years and asked a manager if he knew if some of their staff played soccer during the week that he could join. They actually arranged a game with members of their staff, several of which were fabulous players, for my father. He will always treasure this moment. On another note, many of the rooms have been redone beatifully and there is something for everyone. Food was also wonderful with accomodations made for every diet. All in all, Woodloch is a gem that our family and the members of our extended family can't wait to visit again next year and I hope for many years to come.

Date of stay: June 2008
Reviewed July 1, 2008

My brother had been taking his family to Woodloch for several years. He raved about it. "Yeah it's pricey, but you'll have a great time". I have traveled a lot. I've stayed at some very exclusive hotels and resorts. I thought "It's the Poconos, how good could it be?" We gave it a try for a Tuesday to Saturday stay in July. That was 6 years ago. To say we had a great time is an understatement. Yes, the food is heavy. No, the decor will never be confused with the Belagio. And some of the entertainment does have the Dirty Dancing feel to it. That said, the staff is incredible. They make you feel comfortable. We enjoy the activities and family games and look forward to seeing people that we can really only see at Woodloch during our week in July. Each year our kids are older, but more in love with Woodloch. Our son is 18. I was once concerned that by this age he would find the resort trite. Not at all the case. We have been spending a full week at the resort for the last few years. For me, its like a three week stay - the euphoria of returning to Woodloch the week before we go, the week of the stay, and then the week after the trip, where we are reminded our our unusually high caloric intake (post-Woodloch dieting optional, but recommended).
I hope that I never become so jaded as to dismiss the genuine character of Woodloch. It exists for families to come together. It does so in a manner that I have not found elsewhere. I believe that is it's greatest value. I cherish each year that we have spent at Woodloch.

Date of stay: July 2007
1  Thank NorthNJTraveler
Reviewed June 13, 2008

What a trip! These people are nuts, and I love it. My husband and I thought at first there could be no way that everyone could be so happy and friendly all the time. But after a long weekend full (we extended our trip a night) we discovered that it’s genuine. They really are friendly and happy to be at work. A far cry from the rush hour New York subway drudgery we’re used to. And they open doors, everyone, even the guests picked up on it! There must be something in the water there in Hawley. Our kids, Anna (3 1/2yrs) and Toby (5yrs) we’re in heaven. We tried a crack at Disney last year and discovered that it was overbearing for the kids. Woodloch had the charm and the activities, but was much more manageable. We even tried our luck hiring a babysitter one of our evening, to get a little adult time (they have a great theme show and comedian, very cruise ship). The babysitters are employed through Woodloch, we booked at the front desk, and felt completely safe (after a few typical parent-anxiety phone calls to the room during dinner). In short, we had a wonderful experience and are so happy to have this getaway so close to home. The kids can’t stop talking about it. I’m sure we’ll be back soon.

Date of stay: March 2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

All I could say is I'm glad I didn't have to pay for this weekend. My brother-in-law owns a time share at the Woodloch Springs. These are very nice homes down the road from the Woodloch Pines resort. As members we used the facilities at the Pines. I was kind of shocked how mediorce this place was. My Brother-in-law payed a fortune for this time share and he was always going on how great it was. Also, I know many people who love this place and it does have a huge following of loyal Woodloch lovers. I can honestly say, I'm not one of them. I found it kind of depressing and average at best. After the first night there I was itching to go home. They do have things to do, but you have to follow their schedule and on certain things like the go-karts they close way to early. On the first day we arrived at 12 in the afternoon and the line was so long the attendant told us we are closing in 30 minutes and we would not make it. The second day we waited on line for almost an hour to ride these little go karts. All I kept on saying was. Why do people love this place so much. We went down to the lake and went on the row boats (that took up all of 45 minutes) then we walked and felt bored. The game room was alright, but nothing to write home about. Maybe small kids would like this place, but my 13 year old daughter felt exactley like me. Whiel it was good to spend time with my family, I am totally bafflled why people like this place and pay the rates that they charge. We did play bingo one night, and name that tune on another. I felt like I was in a community hall and really was doing it just to kill the time. I really wanted to go home.

Date of stay: May 2008