Settlers Inn(Hawley)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$132
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$115
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
US$74
Hotel Wayne(Honesdale)
US$100
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
US$99
ComfortInn
The Gravity Inn Motel(Waymart)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Restaurant
1,285 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsart classesfitness classesthe outdoor hot tubwhisper loungetop notcheucalyptus steam roommother daughtercanyon ranchspa areagreat spawatercolor classfire pitgreat wall of yogacooking demoget awaybreakfast and lunch
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I cannot stop thinking about how great this place is. What an incredible concept. The people are great and the place is incredibly charming (especially the rooms, the library, and the fireplaces). I was with my girlfriend (who has been several times) and I must say it was one of the best weekends in recent memory. We stayed from Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. I highly suggest trying a stone massage! The dining staff was excellent despite being very young (Mallory was a sweetheart and very patient with handling my requests, kudos to management), the check in crew was just as great, and the Fitness / Activity instructors were awesome. My favorite's were Paula (thank you for being so informative and so focused on teaching the class) and Blake (ball room dancing was incredible).

My only critique is of the food (average to good), specifically dinner. The salads were very bare and plain. I ordered one salad with blue cheese and remember asking for more (cheese) since the portion was so small. The server returned and said they were out which could not have been true? The portion could not have been more that 1 / 8 of an ounce. In addition, the sauce with most of my entrees lacked solid flavor (excluding the pork chop - by far the best dish of the weekend). Would I dare to say the reduction for the filet mignon had "gravy master" in it? The curry sauce for the shrimp entree had a very weak / light flavor and the shrimp didn't look or taste fresh. I had the same feeling for the salmon preparation and the dumpling like dish (cant remember the name) - they all lacked zing. The pizza was giant mountain of cheese where it did not sit well afterwards. The risotto was an incredibly small portion (even for an appetizer), could have used some more Parmesan cheese and salt I enjoyed breakfast and the soups at the lunch buffet along with the lunch buffet wraps.

Thank You Staff and Crew for a wonderful time.

Mike Moran

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and charming.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Dear mike m,

It is great to hear that you can't stop thinking about The Lodge at Woodloch! Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Mallory, Paula, Blake and the rest of our staff. We appreciate your feedback regarding the food as well. I have talked with our Chef and will certainly take your comments into consideration; I am sorry for any miscommunication on our end about ordering extra cheese with your salad - that should not have been a problem at all, and we apologize. If you are able to stay with us again, please let me know...it would be great to have you meet with our Executive Chef while you are here and we can address any concerns that you may have had in person. We certainly want you to enjoy your next experience with us even more! Thank you again; we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was my 2nd 2-night visit to Woodloch in 4 months. Both times were a wonderful experience. The staff are all extremely friendly. The water retreat areas are clean and tended to throughout the day. The classes offer a great range of activities from relaxing to invigorating. Watercolor class was great both times; I now have a matching set of winter scenes! Maryann was great for power napping and Aqua Toning. Also enjoyed Zumba, Drums Alive, Water Yoga and Meditation. I've had a massage, facial and Rosemary Awakening...all were excellent treatments...RA was worth ever $. The food is excellent. The moment you enter the Lodge your vacation begins...actually, I felt relaxed already as I pulled up and was welcomed outside by the valet.

Looking forward to my next trip!

PS - the Whisper Room is a great feature. Note to couples: it's not a room to go into to talk in a whisper and discuss all the renovations to your home, life issues, etc. It's a quiet place. If you need to talk, then please whisper. I was in there and couples were having full conversations, attempting (but failing) to whisper.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear Krista N,

Thank you for your recent review. It is a pleasure to hear that you were able to visit us twice in 4 months, and that both experiences were wonderful. From the classes, to the service, our gourmet spa cuisine, and all of the spa offerings, it sounds like you were able to experience a bit of everything that we offer. Thank you for commenting on your experience out front with our valet staff...our goal is that from the moment you step out of your car, you don't have to worry about a single thing! In addition, your feedback on the Whisper Lounge is helpful - we have designed it as a peaceful, quiet retreat from the rest of our property, and will monitor this more closely so that it remains as such. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Lodge at Woodloch!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We been in a lot of places and we were very happy and satisfied with choosing Woodloch from choices of spas what we have in tri state area. I would say 100% we are coming back. We stay for three nights and loved every minute of it. Thank you for good service.
P.S Only one small -, price of alcohol a little stiff and variety of deserts have room to improve.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

If you have never been to a destination spa you will like this place, but it does not compare to other dest. spas such as LaCosta, Red Door, even Norwich Inn. 18% service charge on the entire bill is ridiculous - besides meals & bell staff, what is all the extra for, the owners it seems. Meals are ok but they do not tell you that you can order from the menu and use the buffet - menu only items are sparse. Front desk staff neutral rather than wecoming, turn down should include amore generous amenity. Spa area could have better and more variety of snacks. Oerall opinionis theyare too cost conscious when the rates plus fee are high so i expect more.

Room Tip: Suites have living room, nice for a small group
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank aobedm
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear aobedm,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were unhappy with certain elements of your stay, and we will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we move forward. Your review indicates that you stayed with us in August of 2011. If that is true, I would like to point out that we have made some changes since then and have increased our focus on service, food quality and turndown service, as these are key elements of the guest experience. As always, I would also welcome any chance you have to reach out and speak to me in person about your concerns. Regarding the service charge of 18%, this does cover gratuities for Bell/Valet, Housekeeping (service twice daily) and Tree Restaurant staff (no tipping expected in person), as well as lodge amenities and services including wireless internet, valet parking, daily newspapers, coffee & tea, and snacks/fruit throughout the property.Our goal is that once you are here, you can relax and enjoy your time, rather than worrying about extra incidental charges you may incur along the way. Many guests have commented that not feeling any pressure to tip while they are enjoying a relaxing getaway is a big plus. I hope that this helps to explain why we impose a service charge, and that you have a better understanding of what that service charge covers during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, and please do contact me if you have any additional questions. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Lodge at Woodloch.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just spent a wonderful 2 days at this outstanding place. Everything was great. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub (amazing with snow all around us) and indoor waterfall very much. Service in the spa, classes, and dining room was outstanding. We did order a cheese and fruit plate delivered to our room. There was no fruit (some nuts and raisins were scattered over the plate under the cheese) and the plate was delivered without any knives or plates. My daughter went to the dining room to get knives and plates for us. Other than this everything and everyone was fantastic. We will be back in the spring.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear queenb4090,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and our staff. The outdoor hot tub is perfect in the winter! I would like to apologize for the cheese and fruit plate not being delivered as ordered, and without knives and plates. This is an oversight that should not have occurred, and our Food and Beverage management team has been made aware. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the Spring.