“Great!”

The Lodge at Woodloch
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawley
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Wonderful spa getaway experience. Service was excellent with a surprising attention to detail. The staff respected our privacy but went out of their way to serve when we needed something. The facilities were very impressive with various hot tubs, pool, steam and sauna, and private changing facilities. Fitness classes were excellent and spa services were top notch. Perfect getaway for couples or girlfriends within driving distance of NYC.

Only regret, we stayed two nights and when we returned home found out on TripAdvisor that the lodge was offering the third night free. :(

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Woodloch

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Second time at The Woodloch, can't wait for the third!!!!!!!Sending link to all my friends

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the lake or the waterfall
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Lodge in late March, we were lucky to have beautiful warm days and were able to enjoy both the inside and out. We still would have had a great time even if the weather was not so perfect. We arrived early and were surprised our room was ready. The service from the front gate on was fantastic. Every staff member greeted us as if we were regular guests. Our room was large and the bed was comfortable. There is so much to do during the day, with many classes offered, we took dancing, spin, cooking and water exercise classes. All were great. I had a massage and a facial, both to die for. The steam room and hot tubs with the water wall are amazing and the entire spa is so clean. Now for the spa food it was GREAT!!!! We really enjoyed all our meals.The staff in the diinning room were very professional and friendly. Our waitress Brianna was a real sweetheart. We even got a hug from the hostess at our last meal. The front desk staff and all the workers at the Spa worked so hard to make our stay everything we hoped for. Laura in the gift shop was kind to try on a shirt so I could tell if it would fit my daughter. The only weak point is the evening time. We enjoyed the music during dinner, John was really wonderful to listen to but besides the fire pit there was nothing else to do unless you are are there on a Saturday or Wednesday and go to the Pines for the show. My reference to the Pines is the resort down the road where we have vacationed forbthe same week in July for 20 years. That is how we found the Lodge and knew it would have to be wonderful because it is the same owners and everything they do is first class. I hope to return many many more time. I would also like to say THANK YOU to the entire staff for our amazing 3 days.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BarbaraG590
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I love to escape to The Lodge at Woodloch to relax and rejuvenate over a weekend Our first visit was in the winter during the week, we enjoyed it so much we went back this spring to enjoy the lovely outdoor ground and kayaking on the lake. The staff is lovely, caring and always available to help . Our air conditioning was not working properly in the room and it was fixed within 30 minutes of calling. The dining room staff is attentive especially Briana who is always ready to help with a huge smile. There are numerous classes and treatments to keep both men and women happy. The Fitness Staff and Instructors were knowledgable and approachable. The spa manager was on sight and made sure everyone found a class on time or suggested a new class to try. The resort is smaller than other well known spa resorts which we think helps foster a warm environment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mindy G
Reviewed 6 May 2012

If there were more than five stars, I would rate The Lodge even higher!

I just finished a three-night, mid-week stay there. Every aspect of the resort spa was excellent. The staff was accommodating and helpful in every way. From the moment I arrived and was greeted by the parking valet to my very last moment, every need and request I made was met.

In particular, Laura, who made and then adjusted my accommodations was extremely helpful. I also must cite, the entire restaurant staff, waiters and chefs. Having multiple food allergies, I can be a difficult client to deal with. The waiters were all patient and the chefs were quite careful. Yet, all of my meals were delicious, some exquisite.

I enjoyed the various workout classes and workshops that I took. Kazuri's classes on Qi Gong and Tai Qi were excellent.

The facility, itself, and its natural surroundings are beautiful. My deluxe veranda room was absolutely perfect.

Finally, the spa treatment center has all of the services I could have imagined and more. I had four treatments, and was absolutely satisfied with all of them.

Ultimately, the tone is set by the staff. As I said earlier, they met and exceeded every expectation I had. I have never experienced a spa as excellent in every way as The Lodge. (For the record, I have traveled the world - USA, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Latin America.)

I do recommend mid-week over the weekend. There are fewer clients in mid-week, enhancing the very peaceful atmosphere.

Room Tip: Deluxe Veranda rooms are the third floor are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank NYCTraveler113
Reviewed 1 May 2012

As a veteran spa-goer, when friends suggested we go here I was not anticipating much.
The Poconos and the name Woodloch (as in Woodloch Pines) does not conjure up luxury.
Boy, were we suprised.
This is physically the most beautiful Lodge and Spa I have been to.
The level of luxury and thoughtful design is incredible. In the women's locker rooms the numerous showers each has there own individual rooms. The pool and whirpool areas inside and out are simply rustic elegance to the max. Spa services were first class.
The food is gourmet (I never eat in a restaurant lower then a zagat food '20') and the entire staff is so accommodating and friendly. I think it may be all the negative ions given off by the ubiquitous salt lamps.
Our friends had a rock garden view which was just as nice as the lake view. In the Summer I think the lake may be obscured by the leaves.
Whoever designed this Lodge/spa really knew what they were doing and I don't know where they could have found such a nice staff

Room Tip: Both views (different sides of the building) are very nice. The second floor is on the same floor as...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MBATech
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Spa is top of the line and facilities were impeccably clean. I tried not to compare it to miraval but since the rates were so steep, feel it is a justified comparison. As another reviewer stated, the staff simply isn't fully engaged. They try but it's apparent that this is just a job and since there aren't many businesses nearby, this is it. If they want to charge these rates, they really need to bring in professionals from other high end spas to help transfer the customer service skill. If you ask a staffer what they like on the menu, they tell you theyre not familiar with the food items and do not seem to know much about what the lodge sells. Sure, they are all nice, but they do not seem to genuinely care, like there's a morale issue. The quality of the food was great--until the chef cooked it.. It was actually a shame. Contrived spa food. It doesn't need to be tasteless to be good. It would also help if I hadn't seen a rat eating from the chef's garden out front one morning. My medium well filet mignon was charred black like leather with no pink -- they brought another one but it too was also like leather. I gave the front desk advance notice before writing this review that I was not pleased with the food but all she could do was smile and say that everyone has different tastes. Her response was disappointing, given the high rates and the fact that I tried to provide a discreet complaint about the food. If the food were better and the rates cheaper, I would go back. The massage was average but the natural lift facial wa pretty good. The lodge was a contradiction of sorts. Great place but definitely missing something.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank taylor2000
woodlochlodge, Manager at The Lodge at Woodloch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear taylor2000,

Thank you for your review. While I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities, especially the Spa, I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding staff engagement and food quality. When you spoke to the front desk, someone should have immediately followed up by asking if you would like to share your concerns with our Food and Beverage Manager; I am sorry that this didn't happen. Our Chef has seen your review and will certainly take your concerns into consideration. If you would like to reach out to me, I would be glad to have you speak with him in person. Most importantly, it is discouraging to hear your comments on our staff not being engaged, and that it is apparent that this is just a job to them. As you will see, the majority of other reviewers rave about our staff and the attentiveness that they display on a daily basis. They are the cornerstone of our success. Having said that, if you feel so inclined, I would truly appreciate a chance to talk with you about where on property you found this to be the case. We take all feedback seriously, and I would like to address your concerns further. Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
36.0 km away
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
2.2 km away
Woodloch Pines Resort

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!