Settlers Inn
US$150
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
US$281
  • Pool
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
US$95
Travelocity
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
US$74
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast was includedcomplimentary wine tastingsteak and eggspiano musicnext morningcraftsman stylelarge fireplacearts and craftstwo nightsroaring firedining rooma wonderful stayvalentine's dayhawley pathird floorsitting areasister property
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from a weekend at the Settlers Inn and had a wonderful stay. We did some checking online to find some Inns or Bed and Breakfasts in the area of Lake Wallenpaupack and read the very good reviews that the Settlers recieved so we decided to go there. We were not disapointed! The room,217, was very nice,looked just like the picture posted online, The complimentary cheese and crackers was a nice touch as were the robes, I was told I will be purchasing one of the robes by the significant other! The only thing that could be improved upon was the showerhead that was a little "rough" but this is a minor issue. We did not eat dinners there but the breakfasts were delicous.I had the smoked trout and eggs and it did not disapoint.I will definetly be eating dinner there on our next visit.The staff was also wonderfull. pleasant and accomadating.A definite must stay if your in the area!

2  Thank molympian
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Settler's Inn to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The inn itself is beautiful with a large fireplace in the lobby and bar area. We sat near the fire and enjoyed a few drinks and it was very relaxing. The room was spacious with a fireplace and whilrpool tub. The king size bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Finally, the food in the restaurant was fantastic! Everything was delicious, and the desserts were incredible. One of my favorites was the maple pancakes with candied walnuts and apples for breakfast. The only drawback is that there is not much to do in the general area, other than some antique shops and horseback riding. However, it was very cold the weekend we were there and we mostly wanted to just relax anyway. Overall, had a very enjoyable time.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Very nice place! we just stayed over one night but it's very nice property. even though we went in Feb. the garden and "Potting Shed" were not open but it was still very nice.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just returned from 2 nights away at the Settlers Inn and cannot say enough about it! Please note - the pulling up to the beautiful building we were met by mixed reviews as it is located directly off a busy street in a seemingly un-cozy location... but from the moment you walk in you are transported to a different world! Complete with a wood burning fireplace, live piano playing, fantastic staff, cozy rooms, classic bar and DELICIOUS FOOD!

Let me repeat that - delicious food! The meals will go down as one of the top reasons to return - and, be sure to look a their packages... as their meal options are fantastic. One dinner was included at The Inn and there were no food exculsions! Two key points - get the featured "hash" at breakfast if there is one... and the English Toffee Pudding for dessert!

Room Tip: Rooms are on the smaller side so call and talk with the front desk to discuse what the best option for your travel is.
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I first learned of the inn from reading their profile story in the Spring 2010 PASA
(PA Assoc.for Sustainable Agriculture) Newsletter and just always wanted to go for a fabulous dinner and one night getaway. Our dinner on MLK Day was served fireside in the lobby as is the norm on Mondays and Tuesdays.The four course tasting menu with wine pairings was fine but not remarkable as I was anticipating from the aforementioned article. My husband and I both orderd the beef for our main course and unfortunately each of my
medallions were difficult to cut let alone chew so I gave up on the last one. In fairness, my husband indicated that his were "OK". We loved eating in front of the roaring fire which was faithfully tended by a young woman with just the right knack! The most concerning part of our meal was the speed at which each course was served. The dishes came out one after another so quickly that before dessert was ordered we asked if we could have some time to just sit and enjoy the fire. Certainly wish we had said something sooner! Our room, #212, was lovely and the pillow top mattress w/ down comforter very cozy. Breakfast was served in the dining room and included with our room rate. My husband ordered oatmeal and a sweet potatoe hash/egg entree which came out at the same time therefore making it impossible to eat both while hot ...just assumed the oatmeal (which we were planning to share) would be served before our eggs. Know that this is not really a B&B and you will receive an itemized "bill" (w/ 0$ due) for your included breakfast so you can tip accordingly. We were not sure what to expect as far as activities in the area. We walked the lakeside trail from the Visitor's Center but that was about it...brought our ice skates but nothing was frozen solid and decided not to ski at the one nearby ski area. We could have ice skated at Skytop Lodge (which we did check out on our way North to Hawley) but it's a very small rink as is their ski slope. In the winter, the Settlers Inn is a charming place for a very quiet respite!

Room Tip: Inn is on Main Street which intersects another road at traffic light. We had the largest room which had two windows on a parking lot and a third window facing a garden w/gift shop and also a parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple