See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2016

I usually book the hotel for travel, this time my husband did. I don't think he read any reviews, just looked at the price. It was CHEAP, but not worth it. The window in the bathroom was cracked and fixed with duct tape, the "curtain" was a bath towel. There was a constant humming all night. The walls and thin and we could hear the people next to us, and it seemed like they were just talking, not loud but it came through the walls.
It was "dirty" or anything, but run down and not taken care of. (The curtains in the front weren't on the tabs/etc.) There weren't many people staying there, I don't know why the squished us all next to each other, because you can hear everyone!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KGN86
Reviewed August 8, 2015 via mobile

Was good for the price , I did a reserve with my family including my little dog , was clean, the only thing wrong was the shower did not work, I felt safe, motel service was good, the TVs are old but have good resection , the noise of the cars is a bit annoying but bearable, if you want to save a few dollars and visit the park herahys or the village is a good choice

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed July 1, 2015

Felt this place finally needed a review. My family was desperate and randomly picked this motel. It was so filthy and creepy we slept with our clothes on. Turning on the air conditioner was an asthmatics worst nightmare. When leaving the front desk was insanely rude and crude. A seedy and sad little motel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Nathan M
Reviewed June 18, 2015

Absolutely horrible ! Room was dirty and musty. It was difficult to even breathe. I left within 3 hours after I arrived. " Sorry no refunds". I went to a local grocery store and spoke to a few local residents and the recommended several other motels within 5 miles. The locals told me that the family has owned the Cocoa Motel for several years now and that area was flooded by over 2 feet of water a few years ago during a 2 day rainstorm. The home next to the motel was condemned and later demolished. After hearing that, it explains all of the awful reviews. The Cocoa Motel must be a real "Black Eye" to the Hershey Business Association.

Room Tip: There are plenty of places to stay within 10 minutes of town.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
12  Thank Riley C
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Location is great for Hershey park. Motel itself is super outdated, old wiring, not very clean, bath towel for a bathroom curtain, bathroom window badly cracked, deadbolt didn't work...but the beds were surprisingly clean and comfortable. Cheapest option in town so we didn't have much choice (even the Travel Lodge was twice the price!). Probably wouldn't stay again, but it could have been worse (we are big road trippers and have seen a lot...)

• Stayed: August 2014