“WARNING! DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS DUMP...RUN!!”

Simmons Motel and Suites
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
NY
“WARNING! DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS DUMP...RUN!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This motel is the most disquisting place I have ever seen. The room was filthy, smelled like urine and the comforter had brown/blood stains. The carpet is the old shag type and is very filthy. The refrig/microwave were gross and were dirty. Upon arriving, the male desk clerk was hanging outside smoking with a buddy and did not give us a comfortable feeling at all. Creepy. They tell you that they offer breakfast, which if you call breakfast a brown skinned banana and some type of cookie, along with orange juice that was still sitting on the "breakfast table" at 2 pm.; you go right ahead and eat it..Hershey Medical Center is close by! I seriously would be afraid of catching bedbugs or some other type of contagious disease as this place is extremly run down and filthy. We left and did not spend the night. Five minutes at this "hole" was enough. It needs to be condemned.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room. This place is horrible.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank dsmonkey4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sharon, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2011

There may have been a time before the Internet when you could buy a few houses, put up a "vacancy" sign and make a lot of money.

This doesn't work anymore; now folks can find out about you in advance. I'm not a hotel professional but have these opinions:
- sheets have to be clean and new. Mysterious stains are disgusting.
- there can't be long human hairs in the towels. Wear a hair net while working.
- insecticide is your friend.
- don't have meetings in the parking lot where you criticize the cleaning staff. Your guests know already because they have the Internet.
- charge 25% the Days Inn across the street instead of nearly full price.

2 Thank Donna V

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Sasebo, Japan
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I made the reservation four months in advance over the phone. Got the feeling the girl wasn't too bright so I called back two days later to confirm and found out she had the dates wrong. The day before our reservation, I got an email saying they couldn't hold my reservation because credit card didn't go through. Called them and found out that the girl who took my reservation got the expiration date backwards!!! Guy told me he would shuffle things around and be able to accomodate us. Got there the next day and found out it was all booked and the guy couldn't figure out who I talked to. Five minutes into the conversation the guy realized that he was the one who talked to me! Tried to set us up in another hotel, but the rooms weren't great and no pool. Ended up wasting three hours trying to find another place and I ended up spending about two hundred bucks more than I wanted to. I am in the military, stationed in Japan and planned this way in advance, only to have these people screw it up. Also sent them an email hoping to get it to the owner, not sure what happened to that but they never emailed back to apologize or nothing. I do not recommend this place at all!

3 Thank Patrick F
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is NOT an impressive motel at all. There were huge cobwebs underneath our bed and the microwave and fridge were next to the toilet. Gross. Who does that?! The girl who checked us in seemed bored and nothing seemed to really be clean when we checked in. I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it. Do yourselves a favor and find something else. This place just doesn't cut it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank KPsRECs
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My family and I rented apartment 4 in October 2010. We had a really nice stay at the Simmons Motel. The staff at that time were really nice and friendly. Our Apartment was kept clean and was nice and warm. It did have a serious problem with Stink Bugs. We returned for a trip to Hershey Park again with our children in August 2011 and rented suite 6. It was a horrid trip. We checked in the suite was not really what we were expecting by the description of it. Half of the room did not have power in it. We called the desk. A lady came down and didnt know where the power box was at. Then she finds it got the power on. The next day we were getting ready to leave for Hershey Park. I was picking up towels we used to tidy up a bit and the shower curtain rod fell off again and hit me in the back of my neck while i was bent over. So I went to the office no one was there. Found the girl from the office a few minutes later using a leaf blower in the parking lot. She let me know that they would take care of it. We come back to the room at 10:30 at night. I wanted kids to get showers after a day in Hershey Park and the water park. our curtain rod was gone, the shower curtain was laying in the floor. At this point my husband was upset. He went to the office where they told him we could either take a shower in another room that didn't get rented or they could give us that room for the night. They told my husband that they did not know what happened with the shower curtain rod. The manager or maintenance man was already in bed at 10:30. We took the other room. The beds were hard and difficult for us to sleep on. The room was NOT cleaned up while we were away only towels were replaced. There was someones hair clumped in the bathroom floor when we checked in which never got cleaned up. Our air conditioner did not work properly and even the maintenance man and manager told me our room was hot when they came to check if we had a chair in our room for some reason. I was very disappointed with this stay. I will NEVER take another trip to Hershey and stay at the Simmons Motel. Save your self the hassle and spend a few bucks more to use another hotel or motel in Hershey area. When we went to check out we waited about 5 minutes in the office with NO one there. My husband finally had to go find an employee to let them know we were leaving. This place is going down hill in my opinion. What a difference a year makes if you asked me a year ago I wouldve told you its nice for the price. Maybe good service only comes with Apartment rental? I really dont know and I wont waste a single penny more of our families money to stay at the at the Simmons Motel to find that out. Their Pictures are misleading. The pictures on their web site show the apartments in them. Not the Motel rooms or the Suites. If what we got was a suite I feel sorry as hell for the people in the regular motel rooms. Suites are supposed to be nicer then the common room. Next trip ill stay at days inn across the street from the Simmons Motel!

6 Thank Anne S
New Market, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My mother and I came to Hersey for the Joyce Meyer conference. We have nothing but good things to say about our stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The room couldnt have been any cleaner. Great family feel overall. We have all intentions of coming for the conference next year and wouldnt consider staying anywhere else. I will recomend Simmons to anyone planning to stay in Hersey.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I'll start off by saying Simmons Motel was a wonderful place, we had the pleasure of meeting the owners and the son Whitney was especially nice. We love staying at family owned places for this reason, the special attention and always looking to make your experience better. Our Apt was perfect for our family, and the pool was very refreshing after a long day at Hershey Park. The motel was in a great location, walking distance to many stores, restaurants and so close to Hershey Park. Looking forward to our next visit to Hershey, we will be calling the Simmons Motel for reservations.

Thanks to Simmons Motel our vacation was Awesome!!!

Room Tip: Call Motel directly and let them know what you are looking for
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family