“Very close to Hershey parks & decent space for families”

Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Lakewood, Ohio
“Very close to Hershey parks & decent space for families”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My family traveled to Hershey to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We had 8 people and reserved 2 rooms at the SpringHill Suites.

The rooms were very clean and we had two queen beds and a pull out couch in each room. The rooms also had a kitchenette area, including a microwave, sink and small fridge. The rooms didn't have pay movies, so the kids had to watch regular cable at night, but that wasn't a problem since they were tired from the day at Hershey's Chocolate World (only a 5 minute drive straight down the street!). The pool and workout areas were rather small, but we didn't really use them. Finally, the free breakfast in the morning was a huge savings for our large family and included continental breakfast items and hot foods such as waffles, eggs and sausage. The staff were all very friendly too!

Overall, the spacious rooms, free breakfast and proximity to the Hershey parks combine to make this a very good property if you're visiting in the area. We would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank bruno811
SpringHill_HersheyGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
I am so happy that your family had a great time here! Hershey is a wonderful area to visit and celebrate special occations. I'm sure the kids had fun and I'm glad that we were able to help with the sleeping space and breakfast in the morning!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
St. Augustine FL
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is an older Marriott property that has been somewhat updated. The beds are comfortable and the rooms have a flat screen TV. The room I had only had one small dresser and the furniture was older and had not been updated. The room did have a nice size refrigerator and a microwave.

I found the hotel clean and the staff friendly.

If you have stayed at some of the newer Springhill Suites you may be disappointed, but for Hershey you could due worse.

If you stay here, I would suggest a car, since it is miles from any place to eat or things to do.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Hershey! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. To answer your question, our Category 5 status was set by Marriott Corp. because of the number of guests redeeming points at our property. We (the properties) have no say in the what category Marriott places us in.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed here two nights in the off season. We've stayed at many Marriotts and have never had a bad experience. This hotel was no exception, it had everything we needed for our family. The one thing that my son and I really enjoyed was the indoor pool and jacuzzi, as it was off season and the hotel wasn't packed, we had it to ourselves both nights. It was the cleanest hotel pool I have ever seen, as were all the other public areas of the hotel.
The room was nice, it had a 42-inch LCD TV which could be tilted toward the bed or sofa. The kitchenette met our needs perfectly. My only complaint was that on our second day housekeeping forgot to leave new towels, shampoo or paper plates (we left a $5 tip, too) but as soon as we called a very apologetic manager arrived with those. Also, the room didn't have a lot of storage, only a small closet and small nightstands (the TV was on a nightstand, which was a bit awkward)
Breakfast had a large selection of baked goods, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, powdered eggs and a meat, and waffles. But the food quality was not good--no fresh fruit, and breads looked like they'd been frozen.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jolysa
SpringHill_HersheyGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for your post. I'm glad that you and your son were able to enjoy our pool and found everything to be clean! I am blessed with a great staff that takes care o four building and our guests.
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I must say, I travel all the time and this was by far the worst Marriott property I have stayed at so far. One reason was when I walked into the hotel the smell coming from the pool was overwelming. I was staying on the second floor and could smell it from my room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rodney D
Thank you for comments. I'm sorry that the smell was so strong! I double checked with Maintenance and our chemicals were in the proper range for both our pool and spa, so I'm not sure why the chemical smell traveled up to the second floor. We will investigate into why this happened. Thank you!
Copiague, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Clean, comfortable and excellent service. Big room, nice amenities and good location. I would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
SpringHill_HersheyGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are happy that you were pleased with your stay and look forward to greeting you back in the future!!
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Hershey, PA in late December 2011 and found the facility excellent. The suite rooms were large and very accommodating. The indoor swimming pool was heated and of reasonable size. The exercise room only have about 5 pieces of equipment in it. The breakfast room was excellent although it got crowded at times. They had one of those great DIY waffle machines, and of course there was always a line to make your own waffles. The room rates for late December did increase by $30.00 for the weekend. This facility is situated a little bit outside of Hershey, although the entrance to Hershey Park was only about 2 miles back in town toward Hershey proper.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe-SVL
SpringHill_HersheyGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you for the feeback on your stay with us. December is a great time to visit our hotel and the Hershey area. There is a crowd in breakfast any time HersheyPark is open. We try our best to keep the line moving, but sometimes (as you said) the waffle station slows things down. If you get a chance to come back to our hotel, I would suggest visiting breakfast around 8:30. It isn't as crowded then. We find that a lot of our guests like to visit the breakfast around 9:00, right before checking out or leaving for HersheyPark for the day.

Kathy King
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Springhill Suites in Hershey was everything I imagined it would be. that can be good and bad but ini this case it was good. Very nice staff, clean, comfortable. they warmed up our room before we arrived and THAT is a real treat.

The room itself was larger than I expected. Mini kitchen and desk served very nicely and free wireless is a must.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
SpringHill_HersheyGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for your comments! I'm glad your room was nice and warm when you checked in, it helps on these cold nights. My staff loves to do those simple little treats when they can!

Kathy King
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
3.4 km away
0.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
5.1 km away
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey

Been to Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park? Share your experiences!