“Rainy Conditions, Well Handled!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Star Pavillion at Hersheypark Stadium
Ranked #20 of 22 things to do in Hershey
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went to Mixtape Festival with my friend on July 26 and 27. Friday was a beautiful day, and we had a great time. The seats were good, the staff was pleasant, and the bathrooms were well-kept - which is a big thing for me. Though they did not have parking close by, the parking was easily accessible by a tram, and the line kept moving, so we barely had a wait. Once we did get to the car, there was very little traffic to get out. Saturday, however, turned out to be a nasty night, with thunderstorms. We got there just as Boyz II Men was going on the stage... and the concert was put on hold. We had to go to the hockey rink and sit inside on the bleachers. We were all feeling pretty upset! As people grew more restless, all of a sudden, a Hershey Park traveling cover band comes out and starts working their way through the bleachers! They performed well-known songs, got us singing, and kept our minds off the storm while we waited for it to pass. As soon as the storm passed, Hershey Park got the stage back up and running, and the concert back in full swing. I appreciate the professionalism and quick thinking, and I'm so, so glad they didn't call off the concert at the first sign of a raindrop!

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank Janet I

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Be very, VERY careful what concert you want to see, and where your seats are. Seems as though the younger generation can do nothing without drinking themselves into oblivion, and then spewing the fruits of their labors all over the people around them. Yes, it happened to me. Will never go again.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to a concert at Hershey stadium. We were disappointed in the parking arrangements. We had to park in a lot quite far from the stadium rather than in the parking lot next to the stadium, yet people going to chocolate world parked there. When it was time to leave we then ad to cross the parking lot for the stadium through a small exit and contend with people exiting chocolate world coming in the opposite direction. It did not seem well thought out or organized. There were no personnel to give direction either. The stadium was full, so t was rather perplexing. We will definitely consider this before going to another concert there.

Date of experience: July 2013
3  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We saw Stevie Nicks here in July. It is a temporary venue so the seats are folding chairs which is much nicer than when attending concerts at the Hershey Park Stadium. Aftewr being here and sitting in the front row I think I would have even enjoyed seeing the show from the lawn seats. Sort of reminds me of going to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga, New York although this is smaller and more intimate venue.

Will definitely go again if a show we liked is booked. only down side is if it rains you are going to get wet.

Date of experience: July 2012