“An okay choice if everything else is booked up....”
Review of The Milton Hotel

The Milton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
“An okay choice if everything else is booked up....”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We made our reservations a few months ago based on reviews; however, I am disappointed by the mustiness of our room and overall condition of the property. It's obvious that this is a popular hotel because it is packed! Breakfast is good and about what you'd expect. Staff is efficient and working hard to keep a very full hotel running along. Pool was popular with guests although we didn't make our way over there. Even so, I didn't enjoy our room (108), we had a bug of some sort on the ceiling last night (ick), and the mustiness of the place is somewhat disconcerting. The net of my review is that's it's an okay hotel for the price, but I probably wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dsmithapsu96

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
NY
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel! The room was very neat and set up nicely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 76kburd
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank for your recent review of the Best Western Inn Hershey. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and inviting. I hope you may join us again in the summer to enjoy our large outdoor pool with kids play area! We look forward to serving you again in the future.
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The front desk employees could not have been more helpful when we checking into the hotel. They assisted us with finding a restaurant to suit our needs and even printed out the menu for an eatery where they had none. Our room was quite nice and obviously had been refurbished recently.

I stayed here with a colleague on business and the Best Western's location just across from the Hershey Lodge was perfect. In fact, my battery died one morning and while my colleague waited for service, I walked across so I could be at my event on time. She did not have to wait for AAA because the owner or manager (not sure which he is) helped out by giving my car a "hot shot" to get it started. That is going above and beyond for hotel service.

The breakfast was not bad, but I do not eat bread, so the only thing for me was yogurt and fruit. There were cereals, breads and hot waffles, too.

I noticed that there was mold under my bath mat and told the front desk. They had it fixed by the time I returned to the room.

The black out curtains did not close completely at the top, so the sun came in early in the morning. There were train tracks nearby so you could hear the trains all night. Pets are allowed at the hotel, so we did hear an occasional bark, but not enough to be very annoying.

The complimentary high speed Internet via ethernet connection in the room worked well and there was a lobby computer which I did not use. It seemed to be busy a lot of the time so I was glad I brought my computer.

All in all, the price I paid was quite reasonable and this was a great hotel for the money. I would probably stay here again if I have another event in Hershey in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Route 422 side of the property because there are railroad tracks on the back si...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank rayzel
edgewood
Reviewed 21 April 2012

stacy at front desk very very helpful an so was all othere staff

Room Tip: best western has the best free breakfast gym pool ect. best of its clean
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Inn Hershey. I will be sure to share your kind words to Stacy and the rest of the team.
Lexington
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Easter weekend we were passing thru Hershey on vacation. My family stopped by your hotel on Friday, April 6th, late in the evening looking for a room for one night. There were two ladies at the front desk of this Best Western that went above and beyond to help us out. The names of these two ladies are Brandi and Stacey. Your hotel was completely book. These ladies called around the area to find us a play to stay. It was after 9pm when we arrived and did not book a room ahead of time. If it weren’t for these two ladies, my family would have had to sleep in the car for the night. We applaud them for their outstanding customer service and kindness. More businesses need more employees like these two young ladies. We will recommend your hotel to others that might be passing through Hershey, Pa.

Please give them special recognition that is well deserved.

Evelyn Cerelli

1 Thank Evelyn C
Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western Inn Hershey. I am very grateful to have both Brandi and Stacy on our team as they provide excellent guest service. I am happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations. The entire team is committed to our service promise of providing superior customer care.
East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I took our two girls to Hershey for the weekend for the springtime in the park. We had reservation in the Hershey lodge for Sat night but they didn't have a room for Friday night so we booked the best western for one night since it was down the road from the hershey lodge. The best western is good for one night if you have no other choice. The room wasn't clean and the breakfast room was so small that we went to Mcdonalds which our girls like better. The hotel employees were friendly and nice but I would rather spend the extra money and stay in the holiday inn express or the hampton in if you can't get a room in hershey lodge or hotel. I would not recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: If the hershey lodge or hotel is out of your price range there are other hotels that are cleaner and...
4 Thank jennifer r
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
We truly apologize for failing to meet your lodging expectations. We continue to work every day on making the necessary improvements to ensure our guests receive outstanding service and accommodations.

I will address your constructive comments regarding the breakfast area with the appropriate team members to look for ways to minimize any such future experience. We may not be able to make the room larger but we are looking at setting up coffee/tea station in the lobby and some grab and go options.

Thank you for expressing your gratitude towards our team members for providing you with superior customer care.
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We found a bug in the bed under the covers. The sink and toilet didn't work well. The beds were very hard.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank locagirltb
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
On behalf of the entire service team at the Best Western Inn Hershey, I would like to sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations as a customer. It’s extremely important to us that we meet and exceed all levels of comfort our customers expect. I can assure you we will address your comments in detail, and do our absolute best to prevent the inconvenience we caused you from happening again in the future.

We appreciate your feedback, and are determined to improve the level of commitment we have towards customer service wherever possible.

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels