“Chart Topper!”

Khana Indian Bistro
Ranked #24 of 92 Restaurants in Hershey
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This place makes all my Indian cuisine dreams come true. I love the servers for their patience and willingness to explain dishes clearly when I have questions. The heat levels are on point and I think match what I at least expect when you’re choosing mild to medium to spicy. I like it hot, so I am spicy level all the way! And boy does that pack a nice heat punch that lasts for awhile after the meals over.

There is a nice selection of dishes from appetizers if you want to try a few small samples to generously sized entrees. There are vegetarian and vegan offerings, poultry and seafood dishes to choose from. Desserts, lassi and chai Marsala tea as well. I like to try a new dish each visit and they are accommodating when possible if you need to swap something out.

I always love my servers, that are happy and pleasant to chat with. And at times they remember what I’ve ordered in the past so I can try new dishes. Great personal attention and customer service! I’ve eaten out at a good number of locations offering Indian cuisine from NYC to Philly to Out West and for my tastes this is one of my chart toppers.

They also offer takeout so feel free to call in your order and it’s usually ready within 20-30 minutes so it’s hot and ready to take home. I’ve only ever experienced one mistake with my takeout order but I’ve noticed since then they repeat my order back to me so I would catch it before it happens again. Never has.

Dine in, take out and be prepared to have leftovers since that’s been my experience. Or be stuffed, that’s what I normally hear other patrons blissfully saying aloud. Either way I highly recommend Khana and the fact that it’s BYOB is just the icing on the cake.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Alonna M

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Stopped by this evening based on tripadvisor rating and was not disappointed. Outstanding service and even better food. Definitely the best garlic naan I have ever had.
I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank IAmDaleM
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Passed by it one day on our way to an appointment so checked it out on trip advisor to see if it was worth stopping at another time. Reviews good so we visited today at lunchtime for the buffet. Really good food at an excellent price. The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. My final decision about a restaurant isn't made until I've checked out the bathroom, which says a lot about their commitment to cleanliness. It was spotless, we'll will be going back.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Duncan96
Reviewed November 13, 2017

We had Aloo Papri Chaat as an appetizer. I describe it as an Indian nachos, smothered in spicy sauce, yogurt, cilantro, red onion, chick peas, over crispy chips. We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala and Himalayan Curry with naan. They were all very flavorful and perfect portions. The service was excellent as waiters came back several times asking if we needed anything and spice level was okay. We both ordered "mild" so everything was very mild. We want to try "medium" next time. The restaurant is nicely decorated and very clean. I also ordered Masala tea which was the only thing I wasn't impressed with. It was very week and served with milk in it. I personally love the spicy tea so I was a little disappointed but I feel it's made for the majority of customers who prefer sweet tea... We are looking forward to going back to try other dishes.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

A surprise for sure! Was recommended by our Air B&B host! Great service, clean and nicely decorated. The food was great! Reasonable pricing. Will return whenever we're in the area.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Khana Indian Bistro? Share your experiences!