Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$80
PricelineUS$80
Agoda.comUS$80
TripadvisorUS$80
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2020

This place is so beautiful, the staff are super friendly and the food was amazing,freshly cooked and full of flavour. We loved it here and would totally suggest this as a must when you are in Playa Maderas.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2020

I dined here with my partner and it was fantastic. I enjoyed the best burger I have ever eaten and my other half thoroughly enjoyed her Pizza. Great service, great atmosphere, stunning place and delicious food!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Amazing time at this property!!!! I found the local beaches both different and this hotel separates them on top of the hill. One beach remote and beautiful and the other full of life with surfers and travelers. The hotel is a contrast to the local hostels. King Bed, amazing food, such value, each item well thought out and delicious. Reasonably priced. This is also a location where Ex Pats gather. Every night a wonderful collection of local eclectic people. This hotel is well run and the owner Josh is often seen around the property. The employees are warm and friendly people. I highly recommend this location due to the location ( near two local beaches, one peaceful and one more surf oriented. both are awesome in their own right. The great comforts, infinity pools, bedding, air-conditioning, service and food. espressos every morning or smoothies at lunch. then a nice group of international travelers and mix of expats that make the atmosphere really fun. I look forward to staying here again.
I was on a single, solo trip motorcycling and the combination made for a great stay, and so many warm interactions.

Room tip: get a rental vehicle, motorcycle or car as its a few miles into town or a healthy walk to the beaches.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2018

Spent the evening at the restaurant with a small group of friends recently & we liked the vibe. The view sets up a beautiful setting for dinner/drinks. The menu is pricey however you're paying for the nice quality of the food and cocktails. We had an assortment of the meal options and were pleased with all! The wait is neither a quick turnaround or too long - it's the type of spot you go to relax, have a drink & your plates will come out in due course.
What we weren't pleased with however was how the bill was handled. When we received the bill and gave our cards, Nicole (who attended to us), went "sheepishly": this is bit awkward to say but heads up the tip is not included. We asked the suggested tip and she said "well that's up to you but typically 15% - 20%" (now...let the suggestion that 20% is typical sink in, folks). First red flag. Well, should be, ha!
We discussed amongst ourselves and decided we'd give what we thought was a generous & reasonable 15%. Two of us each indicated - please add 15% please! (not 1, but 2ppl)
Well. She comes back with a pen, a bill with a charge of + 20%, and a lovely smile.
We signed. Quite aware of the discrepant action but unwilling to make an issue of it. You know how weird this scenario can get ESP when you're in a group...(ummm... is that my bold New Yorker persona rapidly creeping away at that very crucial moment!)
Which is what people who do this are banking on. Or, that you are too drunk to notice. It's dishonest & a real shame.
So. A very disappointing way to end what was otherwise a lovely evening filled with laughs and that 'joie de vivir!' that Nicaragua inspires. I don't recommend that you not check this spot out, but just be mindful when it's time to take out your wallet. Also, I did not experience any of this sneaky business at the other eating establishments I frequented in Nicaragua, so not to worry about this type of problem in general, the Nicas are great!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank sim0negay
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Set on the promontory to the south of the main surf beach in the San Juan Del Sur area, Playa Maderas, this converted luxury family home is a superb place to stay and even show up just to eat and pick up a yoga session. It's adults only with two pools and incredible views over the Pacific, ideal for romantic couples or those wishing to escape the yahoos of San Juan Del Sur 13km to the south or the crowds on the surf break below. The staff is an eclectic mix of Nicaraguans and Americans from North and South (Canada to Argentina), and suitably sophisticated for the location. Great drinks, great food and only six rooms so make sure you book well in advance but not when I want to come back with my girlfriend!

Date of stay: March 2018