“paradise”
Review of Villa Noche

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Noche
Reviewed 15 November 2010

just got back and miss it already stayed only 2 days november 9th and 10th. . but it was amazing !!!!!!!!! the most beautiful house. towns people very friendly. P.S . did i forget to say amazing!!!!! STAFF WAS GREAT .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JIMK2010

Reviewed 17 July 2010

I stayed in Villa Noche for 2 nights and 3 days. It was SO excellent. It is open air with dramatic cliff views of the ocean. There are swells breaking and breezes throughout. The house itself is architecturally a romantic piece of art with all of the comforts of relaxing: bar seats in the pool, hammocks with cliff views, hot tub, individual air conditioning in each bedroom, and special lighting in the master bedroom. There was internet, TV etc. but I took a break from these things. The over-sized, colorful furniture was fun and the service was excellent including your own cook: what ever you want, they get it (fresh!) and cook it to perfection! We enjoyed lobster, ceviche, fresh fruit, and the smell of coffee every morning. They even woke us up at 4:30 am (we had to catch a flight) with coffee already made. The hills are steep and you may need a 4x4 car! The entrance to the Villa has a private security entrance and guard available 24/7 to let you in and out. The town was full of waterfront restaurants, shops and beautiful sunsets. I bought some great clothes there and photographed dramatic sunsets with no additional "effects" on my camera. There is still the feeling of Nicaraguan culture throughout the town. It has not been lost to tourist-type development. I never slept better than that first night with the 180 degree view and such a nice day. They offer a fishing charter also which is good because many other places in Nicaragua require pushing boats through the surf and swimming out to get on-board. I think it is easier here. My visit was an A+ for me and a great get-away! Check out other photos of my visit on-line: http://gallery.me.com/bbeaninc#100458

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2010

We had 3 girls that wanted to take a relaxing trip together and decided to go to Villa Noche in Nicaragua and it was amazing! We were picked up at the airport (which is about 2 hours away) and taken directly to the villa. It is beautiful...the views are incredible and the villa spotless and inviting. The villa had all the amenities you would crave from a 5-star lodging experience. Onsite there are 3 wonderful people that take care of your every need...the housekeeping, cooking, driving and just generally filling your every need. The food was amazing and they were able to cook everything we requested (please try Memo's Lobster Dish - Wonderful!!).

We stayed at the villa laying out and have drinks most days (Armando will make you homemade Pina Coladas and Margaritas!) and had a masseuse come to the house one day and gave us all a massage overlooking the Pacific. The days that we decided to go into town, Memo was there to take us. The town is adorable and very accepting of vacationers. We went to El Pozo one night for dinner and thought it was amazing. And for 3 of us to eat and drink huge glasses of wonderful Italian wine...it was $22 a person with a great tip. I would suggest going there one night - a great couple from San Francisco own this restaurant.

Othen then eating in town, we would shop and stop every few minutes at a covered restaurant on the beach and have a mojito. Cute little beach town!

As a group of girls, we felt very safe the whole time. Memo and Armando stay on the grounds and make sure everything is locked up and they have to open the gate for anyone to enter. Even in town, we never felt uncomfortable.

If you come to Villa Noche for a vacation, you will not be disappointed! What a wonderful vacation!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I knew from the website that this villa would be stunning but it was even better than the pictures. Winding staircase, views of the ocean from every room-- luxury like we have never seen and for a very reasonable weekly rate. Three bedrooms each with a full bath. It was just two of us but 3 couples would be more than comfortable there. A full kitchen that leads into a dining room with doors that open up to the eternity pool. The house comes with high-speed internet and a Vonage phone line. We honestly never needed to leave.

Even better than the beauty of the house was the staff. We woke up every morning to fresh coffee and juice. The house was kept immaculate- our laundry was done. After a day of fishing the staff would cook up our catch and we would eat pool side drinking fresh mojitos. I cried when I left and am counting the days until we can go back again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank April L
Reviewed 20 March 2010

My wife and I were slightly concerned about travelling to Nicargua because of the US travel advisories. Do not believe the US government's slanted view. We never felt any safety issues at Villa Noche or San Juan Del Sur.

The staff at Villa Noche consisted of Memo, Claudia, and Armando. Memo speaks enough English for a non-Spanish speaker to convey every need he/she could have. Memo was outstanding. Period. He is very friendly and knows enough people to be elected the mayor of San Juan Del Sur. He has the ability to recognize what you like and don't like to the extent so that you don't have to even say anything to him.

I recall with longing listening to Claudia talk in her beautiful sing-song Spanish voice to Memo and Armando. Claudia kept the house spotless. We felt so comfortable with the security of Villa Noche that my wife and I let Claudia and Armando babysit our children as we enjoyed a date at San Juan Del Sur Pizza (total bill $25 for superb meal of 16 inch meat pizza, giant bowl of seafood pasta with white cream sauce, 2 Tonas, 4 Flora de Cana rum drinks, plus tip. Too bad they are not in Houston!!)

Armando did not speak very much English, but he has a heart of gold. Our children loved him. I saw him every morning at 6:00 a.m. without absence cleaning Villa Noche. All of the staff worked together as a team to make our stay enjoyable. They exceeded beyond expectation.

Waking up at Villa Noche is incredible. When you open your eyes and ears, you only hear and see the Pacific Ocean. The sunsets are equally spectacular, sitting on the comfortable lounge chairs listening and seeing nature in all its glory. Speaking of the view, from Villa Noche you can can see Costa Rica to the South, the bay of San Juan Del Sur to the East, and the blue Pacific to the West and North.

We visited 3 different beaches around San Juan Del Sur. With spelling aside, Playa Rumanzo was a nice place for children as the surf broke off the beach and had gentle slow breaking waves that were perfect for learning how to surf on a long board. Playa Madera was the surfer hangout for sure. The break was a bit off the beach and had a nice local beach bar. Playa Coco was simply stunning. Its on all of the tourist pictures. When my wife and I arrived with our 2 children at 11:00 a.m., there were 2 other people on the beach. The beach was about a mile long. Solitude reigned supreme. By the time we left, we had seen 6 other people in 4 hours. There was also a very nice beach bar and restaurant there. However, get there soon as it looked like there were plans for condos in the next 3 years.

For runners, Villa Noche may be a challenge, at least it was for me at the beginning of our stay. Ville Noche is obviously on a cliff / hill side overlooking the Pacific. However after 3 days, the hills were no problem and served as a quick 30 minute workout. The views were tremendous. Nothing compares to diving into the infinity pool overlooking the Pacific after a nice jog, and then having Claudia serve breakfast at whatever time you want.

I did not know how beautiful Nicaragua was before our trip. It has 18 volcanoes, although none threaten Villa Noche or travel to and from. On our way to the beach, Memo readily pointed a monkey in the tree. Obviously my children thought that was very cool. Nicaragua is the next Costa Rica without all of the touristas.

As a final note, I insist on everyone requesting "Lobster de Memo." Its a pan seared lobster tail with butter and parsley / pesto sauce. We had it twice and still continue to try and imitate it at home.

Bottom line is this: It is not a question of if, but how soon until we return to Villa Noche.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Very seldom is a vacation so extraordinary it seems impossible to re-capture in words. And, only once in a blue moon is a trip so memorable and beyond all expectations, that reliving it fully with friends, would likely stir up unintended feelings of envy! But, for those who are entertaining the idea of going to San Juan Del Sur, I will say unequivocally, there can not be a more exquisite destination than Villa Noche. The experience consists of an unbeatable combination of aspects: accommodations, venue, cuisine, recreation and most importantly, the dynamics of a threesome team who oversee your every need while you are a guest at the Villa. The all-inclusive privileges of three exquisite meals a day, spotless housekeeping and round the clock property management are provided by brothers, Memo and Armando, and their cousin, Claudia. I can not articulate how much we delighted in getting to know each of them and how significantly they enhanced our time at the Villa and SJDS. Our three daughters communicated mostly in Spanish and my husband and I did just fine using sign language! At the end of our stay, words weren't needed - our tears said volumes! The only flaw was that I only read 30 pages in the book I brought . I simply spent too much time gazing out at the Pacific from one of the perches found on various levels of the villa. One of these days, Villa Noche will appear in a glossy,
architectural digest type magazine, I'm sure! Travis deserves recognition and kudos for not only his home, but for his unlimited patience and thoughtful, on-going commentary answering my endless stream of questioning emails and providing invaluable advice prior to our departure from Boston. Bravo and thank you, T,A,C & M !

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I don't think I will ever be able to top this vacation experience!! Food, Accommodations, Area and Staff were top shelf. Travis was a most gracious and patient host, willing to take the time to answer our questions and concerns. Memo, Armando and Claudia made our meals so tasty it was almost sinful....plus they helped me with my Spanish - Es Muy Sabrosso (thanks Armando).

The 'Big Wave Dave' adventure was a hoot, can hardly wait to try it again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family