All reviewshot watercentral locationclean roomsno natural lightnice rooftophuevos rancheroswould stay here againincluded breakfastsan juancouple nightsair conditioningbreakfast burritoenjoyed my staysurfing beachsjdswifinicaragua
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is open and has a really nice flow into the hotel. I really liked the creative decore. My husband and I ordered the micheladas worth our meal and we loved them. I ordered the chicken wrap and it was delicious. We also visited because we wanted to check out the hotel rooms for future visits. We asked the clerk to show us a room and we weren't disappointed. They were very modern looking with a sleek design and very clean. We will definitely consider staying here next time we visit SJDS.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Situated in the centre of town it is a great place to stop by for breakfast and lunch. The breakfasts are amazing, we got the breakfast burrito and the thickest, fluffiest pancakes I've ever seen.
More expensive than other places but definitely worth the price!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abby_and_Luke
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

We spent over a week here and enjoyed the excellent service and welcome air conditioning! The included breakfast featured some delicious options, especially the Huevos Rancheros. The staff were all brilliant and helpful, and the maid service was thorough. We enjoyed a couple evenings in the rooftop hammocks and enjoyed an excellent dinner experience in the restaurant. Altogether we would recommend this place for its professionalism and its unparalleled location in the vibrant heart of San Juan del Sur!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Barrio Cafe Hotel. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, nice bedding. the rooms are small, but do the job, the bathroom was very modern and clean, but also very small, The food in the restaurant was awesome, but a bit pricey for Nicaragua. You cant have visitors in your room for any reason, not even tourists.

Room Tip: The lower floor rooms are next to the dinning area so it is noisy in the morning. so if yo like to sleep in request the upper floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Great service, excellent food, nice presentation, reasonable price. Outdoor breezy patio atmosphere but covered for shade. Nice music. Hot as hell but all four of us Gringos loved it. Fish of the day seabass, tuna tartar, coconut shrimp, cold beer, Michelada. Antonio, our server was great. And as a bonus: secured free wifi.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends