All reviews hot water central location clean rooms no natural light nice rooftop huevos rancheros included breakfast couple nights air conditioning breakfast burrito enjoyed my stay sjds wifi nicaragua michelada hammocks spanish
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Had a good stay at Barrio. Good location. Good price. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Free breakfast at the restaurant was very good. Note that music plays until 22:00. There's a nice rooftop with hammocks and a nice view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017

little bit expensive for one night and small room. bathroom was especially narrow but beds are super comfy. breakfast with eggs benedict was also good, but needs vantilator for the sitting area. very central hotel with a good position and cafe.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

PROS

1) Very nice room and en suite bathroom nicely finished.
2) Clean and room cleaned regularly
3) Well located
4) Nice rooftop terrace with hammocks
5) Friendly staff who tried their best to help us

CONS

1) WIFI didn't quite reach to the room, we just about got it but pretty slow in the room where as very good downstairs
2) The breakfast was very good - however I was a little annoyed that what was included was only a small portion of restaurant menu and there was no option to upgrade (ie pay the difference to upgrade a normal coffee to a cappuccino). Some of the item selections don't make too much sense either as the breakfast burrito is not allowed even though it's the same price as eggs Benedict (is allowed). This seems like I'm nitpicking but for $80 a night I was paying I don't see why they quibbling over one or two dollars price difference in breakfast restrictions.
3) Staff not overly knowledgeable about tours, as I said they did their best to help but didn't know too much (and limited English - although I have basic Spanish so got along ok).

If I could give them 3.5 I would but I think for 80 dollars a night I should have WiFi that stretches to my room and their full breakfast selection!

1) WIFI didn't really work

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Stayed here a couple nights. Overall the place was good value. Really clean sheets and nice beds, bathrooms were good and the staff fairly helpful and friendly. I would stay again. The restaurant/cafe was also nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Although the place is well located in respect to the beach, other restaurants, shopping and other beach activities, I found that on several occasions I was misinformed or ignored by the staff.There is spotty and short lived hot water in the shower and no phone service to the desk or anywhere else.Safe in room but was informed after trying it, that it it didn't work.

Room Tip: In this case, better to shop around for better value.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo