All reviews hot water central location clean rooms no natural light nice rooftop huevos rancheros would stay here again included breakfast san juan couple nights air conditioning breakfast burrito enjoyed my stay surfing beach sjds wifi nicaragua
Reviewed October 8, 2017

For the paid amount you can get something better.
1. The hot water aren't consecutive.
2. If you want a nap during the day, better go to other hotel. As the place is part of the cafe, there is constant music without much quiet
3. Poor to almost no wifi in the rooms
4. The receptionists have very little knowledge or just don't eager to share or do slightly more than check in- check out progress. They don't look or act professional.

The hotel does have very comfortable beds, and the coffee included in the breakfast is one of the best i had in Nicaragua

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Had a good stay at Barrio. Good location. Good price. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Free breakfast at the restaurant was very good. Note that music plays until 22:00. There's a nice rooftop with hammocks and a nice view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017

little bit expensive for one night and small room. bathroom was especially narrow but beds are super comfy. breakfast with eggs benedict was also good, but needs vantilator for the sitting area. very central hotel with a good position and cafe.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

PROS

1) Very nice room and en suite bathroom nicely finished.
2) Clean and room cleaned regularly
3) Well located
4) Nice rooftop terrace with hammocks
5) Friendly staff who tried their best to help us

CONS

1) WIFI didn't quite reach to the room, we just about got it but pretty slow in the room where as very good downstairs
2) The breakfast was very good - however I was a little annoyed that what was included was only a small portion of restaurant menu and there was no option to upgrade (ie pay the difference to upgrade a normal coffee to a cappuccino). Some of the item selections don't make too much sense either as the breakfast burrito is not allowed even though it's the same price as eggs Benedict (is allowed). This seems like I'm nitpicking but for $80 a night I was paying I don't see why they quibbling over one or two dollars price difference in breakfast restrictions.
3) Staff not overly knowledgeable about tours, as I said they did their best to help but didn't know too much (and limited English - although I have basic Spanish so got along ok).

If I could give them 3.5 I would but I think for 80 dollars a night I should have WiFi that stretches to my room and their full breakfast selection!

1) WIFI didn't really work

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Stayed here a couple nights. Overall the place was good value. Really clean sheets and nice beds, bathrooms were good and the staff fairly helpful and friendly. I would stay again. The restaurant/cafe was also nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo