“Once in a lifetime”

Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
Reviewed March 30, 2016

My stay at Rancho Chilamate was after spending time with staff volunteering for local animal community. Every member of RC was hard working, gracious and genuine. I was honored to be able to spend night at ranch and ride. Rancho Chilamate is not only committed to guests, but also to the local community. I thank you all for an incredible adventure-riding, excellent food, and professional,friendly,convivial friendship.

All reviews
"feel welcome"
"my boyfriend"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

We went for a sunset ride with Rancho Chilamate and it did not disappoint. We booked it on a whim but we are so happy that we did as it was an incredible way to spend an evening and the perfect end to our travels in Nicaragua. Everyone working at the ranch is the best and we wish we could give up our jobs and go and work there too!

The horses are so healthy and happy, and it was a joy to see such well looked after animals. From start to finish everything was arranged perfectly and done to ensure that we had the best possible experience. From galloping in the waves to rum shots on horseback to riding back in the moonlight, we wish we could do it all over again (and again and again)!

Thank you so much for such an amazing experience, we love you guys and hope to come back one day!

Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

Had really high hopes for this ranch after reading the reviews, but I have to say I was absolutely disappointed, especially for 75$.. Barely got any time at the beach, both horses they put me on we're awful to ride(one was just out of control) I found the guides to be rude and it was generally just an awful experience. Compared to the hours of beach riding I got for 30$ at the ranch through my hostel, I would never go back to Rancho Chilamate

3  Thank Julia C
Reviewed March 20, 2016

I am not an experienced rider at all, but I have always wanted to ride a horse on the beach. We were totally taken care of, and riding on beach was AMAZING! I wish it was longer! My horse was the best, WHISKEY! Thanks Whiskey and thanks to all the folks at Rancho, see you in the future sometime! P.S. VERY reasonable on price too! Thanks!