All reviewsin townsan juanhome away from homea wonderful stayjanenicaragua
Reviewed February 19, 2014

back at san juan del sur on my travels stayed at villa isabella at the back of town 24 hour guard system if you are young you will find most places charge 10 dollars per night with no guard system in place here your belongings are safe all rooms have ceiling fans airconditioning tv clean beds changed every day free wifi and as much english tea pgtips or coffee you can drink as this is the windy season i spent a lot of my time in the outdoor pool the owners mike and jane hail from the states they make your stay as comfortable as possible nothing is too much trouble just to let you readers know i come from birmingham west midlands but now live in south east london so i have a strange accent they understood every word i said do try this place out its worth every penny

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed two nights at Hotel Villa Isabella in San Juan del Sur and experienced a very welcoming and friendly staff. The pancakes for breakfast Was an unforgetable experience especially for the kids, who Was invited into the kitchen to join the cook Rosanna in preparing more pancakes with banana and chokolate.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Probably the best accommodations I've ever had in C. America or Africa. If you are looking for something "Western", then this is it. I'm used to roughing it across the globe, so maybe my excitement is overly high, but this place has love to it. The owners care about the community, as evidenced through their water projects in local schools as well as their library across the street that they started for the community from scratch. If they care about the community in this way, how much more will they care for their customers?

May be out of budget for NGO workers or thrifty travelers, but it is definitely worth it if you want comfort. Definitely upscale and a great value!

BEST breakfasts, too. Always had hot coffee for guests. Don't give up the opportunity to relax in the hammocks out front or take a dip in the small pool.

Room Tip: I could faintly hear the ocean waves at night from the rooms facing the ocean, despite being a little distance from it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night with my husband at Villa Isabella. We had a good room with a view on the street and it was quite spacious. Some details bothered me when we first entered the place; the style and the furniture of the room are old. The matresses were very squeaky and I was expecting a bit more comfort. Also, after paying we realized that the free wifi was not available (broken for unknown period of time they say) and that we had only burning water in the shower! Not even cold water! it was horrible for my husband's sunburns...

Though, the pool on the back of the hotel was great and super clean, they had a good collection of dvds for us at night when we were bored.

Overall, it was an average experience for us. If they charged about 50-55$, we would definitely come back. But for 75$, we can have something much better in San Juan.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarock
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Well we stumbled upon Hotel Villa Isabella with our backpacks on a blistering hot June day.
Our room was big and clean and had a great sleep. Loved the pool in the shade. Breakfast was excellent. Spent the afternoon reading in the lovely rocking chairs out front. A great stay in San Juan Del Sur

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends