All reviews in town san juan home away from home a wonderful stay jane nicaragua
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed here a few years back now but it ranks high in our places in Nicaragua. We had a nice big room upstairs for the four of us (two teenagers and two adults). The pool was a welcomed addition as we found it HOT!
It there weren't so many places to visit in the world, we would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I know very well my standards, and maybe this place can be great for some people, but for me was very bad, the furniture, the bad, the towels, the walls, very low quality.

Spending a night here cost me 87$, i asked for a disccount, and finally i paid 80$, still very expensive for me, not worth it. I didn't have options, there wasn't space in other hotels, so i had to spend one night here.

They told me that i could park my car in the parking lotof the hotel (guaranteed), but when i arrived at 1:00am, they told me there was no space for my car, so i had to leave my car in the street, very disappointing.

I do not recommend this place, i think you can find a better deal and lower price than this.

Room Tip: If you don't have option and you're gonna stay here, check all rooms, some of them are differents and cost the same, example, bigger bed, bigger tv, etc.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lcj27_wanderlust
Reviewed February 19, 2014

back at san juan del sur on my travels stayed at villa isabella at the back of town 24 hour guard system if you are young you will find most places charge 10 dollars per night with no guard system in place here your belongings are safe all rooms have ceiling fans airconditioning tv clean beds changed every day free wifi and as much english tea pgtips or coffee you can drink as this is the windy season i spent a lot of my time in the outdoor pool the owners mike and jane hail from the states they make your stay as comfortable as possible nothing is too much trouble just to let you readers know i come from birmingham west midlands but now live in south east london so i have a strange accent they understood every word i said do try this place out its worth every penny

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed two nights at Hotel Villa Isabella in San Juan del Sur and experienced a very welcoming and friendly staff. The pancakes for breakfast Was an unforgetable experience especially for the kids, who Was invited into the kitchen to join the cook Rosanna in preparing more pancakes with banana and chokolate.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Probably the best accommodations I've ever had in C. America or Africa. If you are looking for something "Western", then this is it. I'm used to roughing it across the globe, so maybe my excitement is overly high, but this place has love to it. The owners care about the community, as evidenced through their water projects in local schools as well as their library across the street that they started for the community from scratch. If they care about the community in this way, how much more will they care for their customers?

May be out of budget for NGO workers or thrifty travelers, but it is definitely worth it if you want comfort. Definitely upscale and a great value!

BEST breakfasts, too. Always had hot coffee for guests. Don't give up the opportunity to relax in the hammocks out front or take a dip in the small pool.

Room Tip: I could faintly hear the ocean waves at night from the rooms facing the ocean, despite being a little distance from it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends