All reviews in town san juan home away from home a wonderful stay jane nicaragua
Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel via Booking and when we arrived the hotel was full. The guy behind the counter offered us another hotel, Casa Marina, for a higher price without breakfast. After checking the reviews we did not take that hotel either because people got robbed. We decided to leave the hotel and find something else. Happy we did.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2015

Hands down the best place in SJDS. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and very secure. It sits off of the road so it is quiet, yet it is in the middle of everything. Mike and Jane are very accommodating. The free coffee is great, and so is the breakfast. Can't go wrong here. It is the only place I stay and I have been to SJDS no less than a dozen times.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank mikeM9368EU
Reviewed April 3, 2015

Rooms and bathrooms are very good basic rooms (ours also had a fridge which can be a great help). The location is great (2-3 blocks from anywhere in town), and the front porch is where you'll meet half the ex-pats in town. They offer free coffee or tea to their friends and the porch becomes a place where friends gather and business is conducted. The lobby and the porch are also where the wifi is, so people drop by the utilize it for free too. There is a garage next door where they can store your car inside. Jane (one owner) runs the Library down the street( a charity she and some other ex-pats put together) with pride, and Mike (the other owner) has several other interests in town including the Marina Hotel 2 blocks away on the water. All the people were great and the knowledge of the area they shared was irreplaceable. Thanks to them ALL!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank LMSpears
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed here a few years back now but it ranks high in our places in Nicaragua. We had a nice big room upstairs for the four of us (two teenagers and two adults). The pool was a welcomed addition as we found it HOT!
It there weren't so many places to visit in the world, we would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I know very well my standards, and maybe this place can be great for some people, but for me was very bad, the furniture, the bad, the towels, the walls, very low quality.

Spending a night here cost me 87$, i asked for a disccount, and finally i paid 80$, still very expensive for me, not worth it. I didn't have options, there wasn't space in other hotels, so i had to spend one night here.

They told me that i could park my car in the parking lotof the hotel (guaranteed), but when i arrived at 1:00am, they told me there was no space for my car, so i had to leave my car in the street, very disappointing.

I do not recommend this place, i think you can find a better deal and lower price than this.

Room Tip: If you don't have option and you're gonna stay here, check all rooms, some of them are differents and cost the same, example, bigger bed, bigger tv, etc.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple