All reviewsin townsan juanhome away from homea wonderful stayjanenicaragua
Reviewed March 3, 2017

We used the Isabella as a staging for a number of day trips around the San Juan area including beach etc.

Jane and her staff were very attentive to our every needs. They were very informative of locate "must do's" and most importantly amazingly friendly. Be sure to enjoy some time on the front porch socializing with the many other guests.

Room Tip: Some of the upstairs rooms offer access to an upper balcony
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Jane M, Owner at Hotel Villa Isabella, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thanks for the kind words. Staging is a great idea. It's always comfortable and reassuring to come home after a hard day of fun. Come back soon.
A helpful hint is to use a reliable transport service for your excursions and leaving the driving to them! Saves money on rental cars that sit for days and makes getting around to those must do's that much more relaxing. Gaby Transport is our favorite choice for traveling out and about..

Reviewed February 21, 2017

My daughter, my aunt and I stayed at Hotel Villa Isabella for a week. We had wonderful accommodations. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a never ending supply of fresh, hot coffee and bottled water. The breakfast each day was fresh fruit, eggs, gallo pinto (rice and beans), toast, or pancakes served in the dining room. So delicious! The pool is small, but nice. The hotel is about three blocks from the beach, an easy walk. The shady porch of the hotel is full of wicker rocking chairs and hammock chairs - a perfect place to relax in the heat of the day. The staff was ever ready to care for any thing we needed. I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting San Juan Del Sur.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Jane M, Owner at Hotel Villa Isabella, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

We are hoping to see you again this coming February!

Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Hotel Villa Isabella has been around for many years. My wife and I have been going to San Juan del Sur for 24 years and have investment properties there. We needed a place to stay, so we decided to stay there for a night. Boy, have things seemed to change. The room was decent, but the bedspread and the quality of the linens was very bad, definitely need to be replaced. The air conditioning was well received and worked well. They do have parking, which was an added bonus. The very disappointing thing was the breakfast. I had gone out to one of our properties early in the morning and was anticipating their excellent breakfasts. In the past, clients had talked to us about their breakfasts. Wow! The gallo pinto was made from what looked like ground rice. Nicaraguans take pride in the quality of their rice and they seemed to use the cheapest, broken rice they could find. That's such a bummer. Oh well, won't be back. :(

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2016

Modern place just right distance from noisy main area ( just too hot to be further away). Nice pool and rooms. Free soft drinks and coffee all day are nice touches. Staff friendly and most speak decent english. They let me delay check-put till 3 for late bus. Couple of buts... I woulda liked to be told up front that internet doesn't reach upstairs rooms esp. as most mid-level hotels these days offer it throughout property. Biggest hassle, which was not of hotels fault ( though again being told up front woulda been nice. I'm referring to loud fireworks explosions throughout day on Sunday. I was in pool area and had to cover my ears. I think its every Sunday which is bad enough. But then tuesday at 415 AM! more booms from church across the street. Supposed to be a call to the faithful?? how inconsiderate to the vacationing tourists and even more-so to the hard working hospitallity workers, some of whom work until 2 in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2016

I have spent a lot of time in Nica, stayed in all types of accommodations from hostel to resort suites. Villa Isabella is perfectly in the middle and offers more than just the best service, it offers the connection to the local community by the owners and managers that have been in SJDS longer that anyone. The rooms are higher quality than their prices and they porch in front, where you'll be spending a great deal of your time, is surrounded by huge, old-growth hibiscus trees that let you know you're staying in the most authentic, relaxing hotel in SJDS.

Room Tip: Have coffee with the manager, Mike :-)
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends