All reviews yoga studio yoga teacher training private beach big bungalow paddle boarding turtle hatchery local community horseback riding perfect place to learn granola and fresh fruit el pelicano food package release baby turtles hammock on the balcony hour drive from managua yoga surf absolute bliss
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Truly a magical place. the food was consistently exceptional. the surf and yoga combination were perfect. The rooms did not have AC but did not need it because of the fans and open construction as well as the breeze. The unrest of Nicaragua has not touched this place, we felt very safe

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I first stayed at Costa Dulce in July of 2018 and I liked it so much I returned in August! The location is off the beaten path which allows it to have a near private beach which is a major highlight. I rented a board and surfed with only a couple of the staff. I stayed in the Nido room with an incredible view of the ocean from the patio. There was even a beautiful view of the sea from the bathroom/shower and the hot water was appreciated as you can't always find that in Nicaragua. I loved the open air (with screens) design which allows you to hear the waves at night. The yoga deck is beautiful with another stunning view and has quality props and I loved the small yoga/meditation shala that is a bit removed from the hotel overlooking the sea. Overall there is a nice mix of places to gather as a community and also places to find some alone time.

The staff is lovely and they seem like a family that is welcoming you in and taking care of you. The breakfasts and dinners were delicious and fresh and they even made exactly what I wanted for dinner one evening. I love that the owner is so involved in the community and that they work with a turtle rescue project on the beach. They also offer lots of activities so despite its location you can keep yourself busy if that's what you're looking for.

I was thrilled that they were still open when many hotels were not. They arranged transportation for me and during my travel there from Costa Rica and the time I spent around San Juan del Sur I always felt safe.

The only drawback to the remote location is the distance from town if you want to go into San Juan for anything. But the transport price they offer is competitive with local taxis and San Juan can easily be experienced in one day.

Costa Dulce is special place and I look forward to returning! Gracias amigos y hasta pronto!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Tyson H, Owner at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for coming to stay with us. The staff really appreciated having someone to cater to. It's true with less people around it's even more of a paradise. Muchas Gracias :)

Reviewed July 13, 2018

Even though Nicaragua at our time of travel was suffering from political issues it had no impact on our stay at this little paradise. We lived in the bungalow called El Nido which had honeymoon potential. Beautiful views and sound of the Pacific Ocean (which admittedly could be a little loud, but that’s part of the experience.)

We stayed five amazing days at Costa Dulce where absolutely everything was taken care of: Morning yoga, surf, various daily activities such as salsa lesson and jungle-hike as well as all meals! The whole staff really makes you feel welcome and comfortable.

We definitely recommend Costa Dulce to anyone looking for a peaceful sanctuary where you can fully relax in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018

My first adventure to Costa Dulce was in June 2016 with my boyfriend and our 4 boys (ages 9-18). It was the MOST AMAZING family vacation as we were absorbed into the tropical paradise of the Nicaraguan jungle and spent hours playing and boogie boarding in the waves of pristine Playa Escameca. I returned in 2017 and 2018 leading Yoga retreats, and every visit has been transformative for me, my family, and the retreat clientele.

Costa Dulce drops you in the middle of nature's playground! Whether you choose to paddle board the estuary, head out on a boat to snorkel and fish, horseback ride, hike to a neighboring beach, take a surf lesson, go shop in San Juan del Sur, or laze in one of the cozy hammocks - Costa Dulce has something to offer for all ages.

The yoga studio is a gorgeous space! The studio opens to the ocean and gazes at Costa Rica across the water while the sound of the waves and sea breeze provide a blissful background. Fans keep the space cool and bugs at bay, while new Manduka mats, and plenty of props enhance your yoga practice.

The food, OH THE FOOD! Meals are made from scratch and with love from locally sourced ingredients - absolutely delicious! Dietary restrictions are happily accommodated, as well. The staff at Costa Dulce is friendly, helpful, flexible, and responsive to whatever needs may arise during your stay.

This year's retreat took place during a time of civil unrest in Nicaragua. I can't say enough about how effectively the staff at Costa Dulce monitored the situation, kept us informed and safe by keeping us away from the areas of the country experiencing conflict, and adjusting plans proactively to provide a secure, peaceful, relaxing retreat atmosphere.

Costa Dulce is one of my favorite places in the world and I can't wait to get back there!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becky K
Tyson H, Owner at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

We are becoming experts in amazing vacations during difficult times. We've been even been through a hurricane with guests and it was great! And from every challenge we move forward and improve. Thank you so much for you trust in us we hope to have more guest like you, really looking forward to having you back next year!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I came to Nicaragua in the hopes of resetting and doing some self-reflection. Costa Dulce was exactly what I needed. I felt their website did a great job of being transparent with what they are about. I really felt it would be a good fit for me, and it was. My bungalow had an amazing ocean view, and I spent lots of time reading in my hammock. The food was amazing, truly made with love and so nourishing for the body. What really made my trip extra special was the staff. It was slow season when I stayed, so there weren’t many people around. But Kate, Rafa and all the other staff made sure we had plenty of activities to choose from. Stand-up paddle boarding, yoga, daily surfing, jungle hike, body scrubs, arts & crafts, turtle release, massage, salsa lessons, the list goes on! I was traveling solo and there were a few other guests while I was there. I liked the fact that it wasn’t too busy because it really provided a cool opportunity for us to get to know each other, and the staff too. I will be telling all my friends about Costa Dulce, truly a paradise!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Tyson H, Owner at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Awesome Lindsey that is exactly the experience we would like to provide. We want everyone to leave here with new friends and it sounds like you got to do it all :)