eDreams
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Small, modest room within two blocks of beach and center of town. Friendly reception area. Early check in possible and breakfast available for purchase although we didn't get it. Free wifi but no real common area or space in the room to hang out.

Room tip: Fans and AC available. Most rooms are windowless.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2019

I was not looking for luxury but did hope for clean and comfortable and Rositas met my needs perfectly. I spent three weeks there in January and could not have been more pleased. It is centrally located and less than a minute's walk to the beach. I did not use the A/C very often but it was appreciated on a couple of particularly warm afternoons. The warm water in the shower was very much appreciated every single day. There is a well equipped community kitchen off the patio that I used to keep from having to eat out every single meal but there are also lots of excellent restaurants within very short walking distance. But the best thing about Rositas is the wonderful staff. They took care of my every need in a prompt and friendly manner. If you are looking for a humble yet clean and comfortable place to stay in SJDS, I highly recommend Rositas and if you do stay there please tell Julio, Freddy, Nasare, Dimaris and Adonis "Hola" for me. I can't wait to go back and when I do, I will most definitely stay at Rosita's

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed June 28, 2018

I stayed cne month from mid April to mid May, 2018. I chose Rosita's for it's proximity to the beach (1/2 block), price (very reasonable) and 24 hour security. The staff was wonderful and the onsite restaurant is a plus. The hotel is very clean and there is daily maid service.

Thank you Rosita and staff for a lovely stay.

Stephanie Stern

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Words cannot express how idyllic it is to visit San Juan del Sur in general and the Rositas Hotel specifically. Imagine getting in a time machine and going back to surf culture in Oceanside California in 1964! Super clean, super nice staff. You will see a few tiny lizards (they eat insects) in the courtyard, which is part a tropical experience.

Room tip: Nicer rooms around the courtyard
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

When arriving we were met both by the owner Rosita and her front desk staff and they all spoke English which made our stay so much easier. Our room was spacious enough with chairs on a wooden balcony that was a great place for people and street watching!!! We enjoyed their cooked breakfast one morning in the upstairs seating area while we the other mornings made our own breakfast in the well-equipped communal kitchen. Free water and coffee all day. Nice bagels and other baked goods for sale in the reception. The staff was constantly dusting, sweeping and mopping. Our room was immaculately cleaned every day. It was a great location to shops, to the many beech shuttles and to the strip with sunsets, happy hour and music. If ever again in SJDS I will definitely stay there again!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lottiee2018
Rositas-Hotel, Owner at Rositas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Lottie E - Thanks for the reservation.
The staff were thrilled with your comments since they worked very hard to learn English.
We just installed High Speed Fiber internet and DSL internet. 30mbps and five access points to cover the whole hotel area.
If one provider fails the other takes over
And added 50% to our backup water for a total of 7,500 liters.
We also have our Superior rooms with the extras & features of much more expensive hotels. For a few more dollars all have a fridge, microwave & in room unlimited filtered purified water.. Most are kitchenettes & two have full kitchens.
Thanks again we hope you return,
Rosita & 4 bi-lingual reception staff.