“amazing and unexpected views”

Barefoot Surf Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get immersed into surfing and its lifestyle. We offer a full week surf camp in San Juan del Sur. Our travellers sleep in a private villa in the safe and quiet neighborhood of La Talanguera. It's a perfect location, less than 10 minute walk from town, 1 minute walk from the beach. Away from the noise but still walking distance from beach bars and restaurants. Our surf camp is ideal for beginner surfers, or intermediates who want to develop their surfing skills. We have a team of surf guides from across the globe, mixed with top Nicaraguayan surf coaches from the Nicaragua National Surf Team. Our packages include airport pick-up, breakfast, accommodation in private villa, surf equipment, surf lessons, surf pictures and technique analysis.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 28, 2018

in order to seek out unexpected and amazing views that we've never seen and felt before in the world.

1  Thank JaeukL9
"learning how"
"no stress"
"good vibes"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"san juan"
in 8 reviews
"laid back"

Reviewed May 18, 2018

I can't recommend Barefoot enough!
This was my first time surfing and the instructors were amazing. Very patient, funny and caring and a high teacher to student ratio. The beaches are beautiful! It was a perfect mix between surf time and chill time.
The villa was awesome, very clean, great food, lovely pool and awesome vibes.
The staff at barefoot were the absolute best and did everything they could to make us feel welcome and were a blast! As the camp was ending there was some political unrest in Nicaragua and Gab, Francois, Naomi and Chris went out of their way to make us feel safe and help us out.
This was the perfect place to learn how to surf, we are already hoping to come back!!
Thanks Barefoot!!!!! :)

1  Thank MeganL1684
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

This week wasn’t my first at barefoot. I first tried them out 3 years ago & have gone back a few times. The camp is amazing! Naomi, Frank, Gab & all the surf coaches/chefs/staff go above & beyond to make your week one of the best. The camp is a perfect mix of planned activities and chill time. From the surf perspective, the ratio of teacher to students for our week was 1:3 or 1:2. This is pretty much unheard of at any other camps. It’s obvious that the owners & team of the camp genuinely care about you & your stay. As our camp was ending, there was some political issues happening in Nica. Gab let us stay an extra night in the villa or as many as we needed and bent over backwards to make us feel safe and looked after. If you love to surf or want to learn, this is the perfect way to do it!

Reviewed May 13, 2018

I can't recommend Barefoot surf travel enough. From the minute I arrived in SJDS the trip was perfect. The villa was amazing and Francois, Naomi, and Gab were fantastic hosts spending a lot of time showing us around the city and taking us to some awesome cliff top bars. You could tell that they all really cared about making the week a great experience for all of us. Throughout the week I was really impressed with the level of detail in the surf instruction. As someone who had surfed some before the trip but was relatively new I found the surf classes and photo/video analysis super helpful. I felt like I learned a lot over the week and definitely progressed my surfing. Overall a great experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I have been traveling to various surf camps/trips for the last 2 years. This trip was beyond incredible, everything from start to finish was top notch and focused on improving my surfing while having a wonderful cultural experience.

The surf instructors and Barefoot team were incredible in finding the best spots for all different skill levels to surf, whether it was people riding there first waves or like myself who had been rabidly surfing for 2 years. All the instructors were incredibly insightful in and out of the water. The whole group bonded so well! We would surf all day and get together for dinner at the Villa or the various amazing restaurants in San Juan all together. I loved my trip so much that I am coming back for another 2 weeks in June. Can’t wait ! I would recommended Barefoot Surf Travel to anyone!!

1  Thank Misha F