Review Highlights
Amazing Experience

My week with Barefoot Surf in Nosara, Costa Rica was nothing short of amazing. I have to start with... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Michael P
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Studying with Surf Gods in Costa Rica

What an incredible trip. A world class operation, probably the best there is. Accompanied by my... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Michael D

Recommended experiences in and around San Juan del Sur
from C$144.10
More Info
from C$223.35
More Info
All reviews video analysis perfect balance learn how amazing trip local experience travel solo infinity pool costa rica green waves go ahead and book yoga sessions catch waves entire group every morning writing this review beautiful country eggs
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2023 via mobile

As the title says, I have progressed loads on this trip. The whole group shared this opinion that it is not only the video analysis, but somehow the way the coaches teach is something I haven’t experienced so far. The patience, kindness and professionalism is something unique. The amount of knowledge shared was extraordinary and easily understandable and applicable. The restaurants and other experiences on the side were also an awesome bonus.
Josh, Naomi, Chris and Tabbi, you guys rock!

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed January 29, 2023 via mobile

Best Surf trip in Nosara Costa Rica to learn and progress rapidly with surfing. Always great for beginners and intermediates and the videos of ourselves for every surf session helps us progress so much. The surf theory is on point and makes starting to surf very easy for beginners and helps get to an even better level for intermediates. surf coachs and directors are lovely surfers who are passionate about surfing and want to share that! great vacay to get peace of mind and escape the monotony of the everyday routine :) πŸŒΊπŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸŒž I would not hesitate to do another surf trip organized with barefoot surf travel anytime!!!

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed June 28, 2022

Barefoot Surf did an excellent job! From the traveling to the surfing, Barefoot has everything planned to perfection. We loved our experience and the people behind it. And we’re better surfers! Mahalo, Barefoot! We will book again!

Date of experience: June 2022
Reviewed June 15, 2022

Had a great time, will be back. The people that work for Barefoot are absolutely amazing. Super friendly, encouraging, and totally knowledgeable about everything about surfing. Getting to know the Barefoot people and the local surf coaches was one of the best parts of the week. My 13 year old and me were up on a board on day 1 and it only got better from there. The villa we stayed at was great, had an awesome breakfast waiting for us every morning. If you want to learn how to surf, this is the place to go.

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed June 9, 2022

I am 67 and a non-surfer my wife is 55 and a Non swimmer; They took excellent care of us. We felt safe and learned how to surf. They fed us gourmet breakfasts and surprised us with yoga and an excellent restaurant overlooking the ocean. It was a beautiful experience!

Date of experience: May 2022