“Excellent meal”

The Wheatsheaf Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Gomersal
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dating Back To The Seventeen Hundreds & The First Public House In Gomersal, Adam Welcomes You To The Wheatsheaf Inn. Situated Just Off The Beaten Path At The Heart Of Little Gomersal, Fine Wines, Cask Conditioned Ales & A Broad Selection Of British Cuisine Are Served. As A Thriving Frequented Restaurant, Carefully Selected Local Produce Is Freshly Prepared Daily Serving Contemporary Bistro Food Throughout The Week. Special Boards Are Updated Regularly, Presenting A Fine Array Of Chef's Seasonal Delicacies Accompanying Diverse Menus Throughout Both Lunchtime & Evening Sittings. Hand Selected Wines Sourced In Australia, Chile & New Zealand Are Also Available, Augmenting Dining Selections Or Indulged Simply By The Fire On A Blustery British Evening. As A bar, Cask Conditioned Ales Are Carefully Kept & Widely Available, Whilst Serving A Copious Range Of Guest Hand Pulled Ales Weekly. The Beer Garden Which Is Characteristically Stationed At The Front Of The Building, Frames The Sun Throughout The Summer Season & Is Relished Perfectly Alongside A Gourmet Sandwich Or Salad. Functions, Buffets & Catering Services Are Also Available For Special Occasions. Our Reputation Is built On Freshly Prepared Food, Hearty Yorkshire Portions & Competitive Value.
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Our first visit here for a family dinner,and everyone enjoyed their meals ,I’m vegetarian so there wasn’t a lot on the menu for me ,I chose a starter and had chips with this which was very nice and I enjoyed it ,there was risotto on the menu but been vegetarian we do get a little bored of this been the only vegetarian option so it would be nice to have a few more choices for us veggies....staff were very good ,atmosphere nice not a lot of room in the bar area...but all in all had a good night .

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Decided to go here last minute, it was perfect from started to finish, we had great service and the food was spot on. I had the garlic mushrooms and my girlfriend had pate for starters. And we both had the lamb rump for mains. The food was cooked to perfection. We would definitely recommend this place, and will definitely come back.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I have eaten here before earlier this year and thought I would try it again, it did not disappoint. Roast pork with Lincolnshire sausage and black pudding, mash and veg excellent! Staff are friendly and the pub itself is a nice place. Next time I am back in the Uk I will be eating at the wheatsheaf

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit since the takeover and it certainly didn’t disappoint.Myself and my husband visited Saturday lunchtime. We opted for a 2 and 3 course menu (sharing the dessert). I couldn’t fault the food and service. I opted for liver pate starter and my husband had the battered Brie both were delicious. We both had the roast pork main , the pork was perfectly cooked served with mash potatoes, large Yorkshire, crackling and veg to share . All
piping hot and flavoursome. We shared chocolate brownie dessert which was gooey and rich served with clotted cream and cherry compote ..yummy . Service was attentive and friendly. At £12.95 for 2 courses it was excellent value for the standard of food. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I thought we would give this pub a try after new management took over
Fortunately or unfortunately they had just stopped serving,no problem our fault, so we got a drink and looked at the menus anyway
WOW £12.95 (£13) for one course Sunday lunch and if you wanted lamb £15.95 (£16) ONE COURSE
I will pay fortunes for some super exotic fare but come on £13 and £16 for one course
Its Sunday dinner get real