“Wonderful home-from-home, welcoming, beautiful...”
other travellers have booked this property
Fully Equipped Modern Kitchen, with attached downstairs toilet / laundry room
Lounge area with cosy gas fire, flat screen TV & Blueray player free WiFi First floor double bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Lounge area with cosy gas fire, flat screen TV & Blueray player free WiFi
First floor double bedroom
First floor 4 pcs bathroom.
Attic penthouse double bedroom and ensuite bathroom
Attic penthouse ensuite bathroom with large rain drop shower head
Single bed room with single bed only has a trundel bed under this bed.
3 minute walk to the main square in Hebden Bridge, Cobbled Streets front & rear
Rear of the house, on street parking
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MissusE_1...
York, United Kingdom
“Not quite what I was expecting”
Reviewed May 22, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

There were good and bad points to this rental property. The good - it's in an excellent location, just a few minutes from the centre and on the flat! It's also really quiet at night, in the day it's a bit strange having people frequently going past as the doors are frosted glass, especially with it being street facing front and back. But we were out most of the day anyway. It's comfortable with pretty much everything we needed for a long weekend. We also appreciated the French bread, tea, coffee and milk provided. Very convenient seeing as we were only there a short time.

Now for the bad. Firstly, I e-mailed the housekeeper twice prior to our arrival to find out about getting the keys. No reply. I was actually getting a bit stressed about it as I'm an organised person and like to know these things in good time. A week beforehand I decided to phone but the number I was given was no longer in use and the mobile was switched off. I tried the owners in Canada but one number didn't exist and the other was just an answer phone. To be fair he did ring back and leave a message but by then I'd managed to speak to the housekeeper on her mobile. She said she would e-mail me the details, which she did, on the morning of my departure!! Not what I call a timely response.

When we got to the property we went upstairs to unpack only to find that the door to the top floor (penthouse) was locked. We tried phoning the housekeeper who's phone was again switched off. It turns out because there were only 2 of us we only booked part of the property. There was nothing to imply this on the booking and the reason I booked in the first place was so we would have a double room each. My sister had to sleep in the single room which had no wardrobe or even a set of drawers, she had to keep her clothes in my room. Also, I'd advise taking an eye mask if you're sensitive to light. Luckily my sister had one in her case as the blinds are for privacy only and keep no light out.

We did have a lovely break it's just a shame about the sleeping arrangements. I e-mailed the owner who apologised for not making it clear. Hopefully he will change the website to make it clear to anyone else booking for just 2 people! A very bizarre arrangement that I've never come across before and I've rented many self catering properties over the years.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and how quiet it was.
Liked least: Only having 1/2 the property!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
Management Response
24 Dec 2015
I am pleased that you had a great weekend and that you enjoyed convenience of Calderdale Terraces on our quiet street just a 2 minute walk from the center of Hebden Bridge. We do offer a two tier rate to accommodate 3 or 5 people. We will do endeavor to advise our guests concerning the sleeping arrangements.
Tiger L
“Wonderful home-from-home, welcoming, beautiful and well situated.”
Reviewed January 26, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

I stayed at this house for a week with my partner and our two children (11 and 4). The house is spotlessly clean, equipped with everything we needed and also all the little things we might have needed - plasters, sewing kit, even a pressure cooker! The whole house is recently renovated (2010) so everything is in perfect working order. The renovations have been really tastefully done, so the 1860s character is not lost. The whole interior is cosy and welcoming without being twee in any way.

Since it's only five minutes' walk from the centre of Hebden Bridge, it's incredibly convenient for stays with small children. The other bonus as far as that goes is how quiet the street is, there is no traffic noise whatsoever and I was more concerned about whether the neighbours could perhaps hear our noise as the children thundered up and down the stairs!

All the communication we had with Paul the owner and Carolyn the 'manager' was fast, clear and really pleasant, and all my queries were fully answered within a couple of working days at most.

As we were coming from Amsterdam, not having to bring towels or linen was a boon, and we were welcomed with made beds, fresh bread and milk in the fridge. Sometimes I have found holiday rentals don't feel like much of a holiday if you're a parent who also has to contend with a week in a house that might not have even the basics when you get there, but Calderdale Terraces is a super relaxing treat and we will definitely be going back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The attention to detail with the best experience for the guest in mind
Liked least: If I have to name something: the blu-ray player didn't play all our bluray discs. Seriously, no big deal.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Sean B
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

I f you want to be close to things in Hebden Bridge this is the place for you, it is far enough away from the centre but it only takes four minutes max to get into the main street, the accommodation is excellent very well equipped and very clean, it has everything, we all loved it and would definitely return without any hesitation

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
616Alan
Mississauga, Canada
“Honey Moon Memories”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay at Calderdale Terraces for our honeymoon. The house was lovely and the location was perfect. I'm already hoping to book again for our anniversary next year, so I'm sure you'll hear from me again later in the year!
HG Manchester April 2014

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing