“Second home”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary, Fusion, Bangladeshi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Bengali Cuisine in the heart of Ilkley, West Yorkshire.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is my local curry house - staff are a good laugh and the food never disappoints. The menu has plenty choice without being too big,it also inspires you to try different dishes. I don't eat meat so I tend to always go for the Fish Punjabi or the Chana Paneer Balti washed down with a pint of draught beer, Kingfisher I think, and some lovely garlic naan bread. People always say their local curry house does the best onion bhajis but Seemas really do! Great to sit or grab a takeaway on the way home! Great value for money, particularly on a Wednesday or Sunday night as they have a deal on or it's 10% off collection takeaways after 7pm or 20% before!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We had our first meal in this cosy and welcoming restaurant in July. Friends locally had recommended Seema's and with good reason. The food was delicious, beautifully cooked and served by a very pleasant staff - it was clear that they have many returning customers.
It was excellent value, and we shall certainly be paying Seema's another visit in the near future!
Alison C.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not the kind of person to give negative reviews but after my second bad experience from this restaurant I feel I must share.
The rice was cold and tasteless. I've had better microwave rice.
The chips were cold oven chips.

These side dishes could have been overlooked if the main dishes had better. I ordered the Hyderabadi and my husband ordered a Chicken Chilli Masala. Both dishes tasted the same, no depth of flavour or spice. I would guess they use the same simple tomato base and add a few spices. It was similar to a cheap supermarket jar sauce.
I cook a lot of curries. These curries from Seema are not authentic or worth the money.

1  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

As a regular visitor to Seemas they have never failed to impress. Along with their delicious food, I always recieve fantastic customer service which is what makes us go back again and again.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I visited Ilkley to watch a show at the nearby King's Hall. Having arrived early and wanting something to eat, I searched Trip Advisor for an Indian Restaurant nearby. Not only was this place 70 meters away it is a real gem of a place. It's a small restaurant with reasonable decor. Not one of the modern swanky ones from a large chain. this is an individual with friendly service. The food was excellent and reasonably priced.