1,199 results
All reviews wedding breakfast groupon deal old building lovely hotel course meal short break ilkley moor two night stay town centre cow and calf full english yogurt ballroom brasserie venue leeds
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. It is the COLDEST room I have ever stayed in. I literally felt like I had walked into a fridge when we went to bed. When I asked at reception she explained the heating was on a timer and would come back on in the morning. !!! What??? It was 0 degrees outside. We had to fold up our 4 year olds quilt and also put some towels over her. We had to sleep in dressing gowns and also put towels over the quilt. I have never felt so uncomfortable. The water was also barely warm from the tap in our bedroom.
We had sandwiches in the bar on bread that could only be described as a supermarket value basic bread, not what you expect when you are staying in what is supposed to be a nice hotel.
The dinner menu had chilled tuna salad on it. Well that is a couple of blobs of tuna mayo with some chopped tomatoes and cucumber!!!
We will never return, which is a shame as my parents live local to the hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank angmala
TheCraiglandsHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience here at the Craiglands Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will be looking into all the points you have raised.
If you would like to discuss this with you in person, please could you contact me on sales@craiglands.co.uk.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in room 127.
Spotlessly clean.
Large room with a very comfortable bed.
Room a little dark.
Tea and coffee tray and also iron and ironing board available in wardrobe.
Just a tip, it takes the hot water in the bathroom about 10 mins to get hot so have in running in preparation.
Lovely selection of toiletries, bathrobes and slippers provided.
Breakfast was great and good selection.

Wished we could have stayed for longer, would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2018

We stayed here as we had been invited to a wedding at the Devonshire Arms (6 miles away and £10 in a taxi) and i refused to pay over £200 for a night there (though it is nice), we were allowed to check in early (about mid day) as our room was ready, i think i chose well as the local taxi company (receptionist phoned it for me) is very good... We didn't eat there as the wedding was all day, the bed was very comfortable and the staff were excellent. The only issue i had was the room was cold when we got in as the central heating is on a timer, the night man offered to bring up a blow heater.. The wi-fi was very good throughout the Hotel and the Breakfast was good quality and plentiful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit here. Room was upgraded due to no lift. No handrail upstairs leading to our room. I have mobility issues and could not have got up the stairs without my husband. Breakfast on Saturday, no egg, hash browns or beans. Gave up waiting so just had bacon and mushroom. Sunday no bacon had to wait. Coffee was cold and no set table. Staff pleasant but run ragged. Will not be making a return visit to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank angeverett1957
TheCraiglandsHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Craiglands Hotel. I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. The lift is currently out of service and is awaiting delivery of the part required to rectify this. This is an unforeseen event that is out of our control.Staff where on hand to assist with porterage to ensure no guest where inconvenienced.

We hope the offer of a complimentary upgrade to room located in a better place, was adequate. With regards to the breakfast, this was a buffet service on both days and constantly replenished by the Duty Manager. If you had spoken to a member of the team we would of been able to reassure you the Breakfast is replenished throughout.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant Hotel. Great location on the edge of Ilkley Moor with great views and walking nearby. Within walking distance of Ilkley town. Hotel Staff attentive & friendly. Bridal suite perfect with little sideroom for my Chief Bridesmaid. All Food and Full English breakfasts for our guests the morning after were excellent. Highly recommended. Thankyou all for making our Blessing day and whole weekend so very special.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Afternoon Shirley, We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad the Wedding blessing went well.
We hope to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.