“Consistently good Chinese cuisine with top quality ingredients.”
Review of Ming Cottage

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2016

We have been coming to this friendly restaurant for many years and have never been disappointed. Yesterday my wife and I shared a banquet with our son, daughter-in-law and our granddaughter. The food did not disappoint - chicken and sweetcorn soup with prawn toast, lobster with ginger and spring onions, beef in OK accompanied by superbly cooked and flavoursome sea bass with fried rice.
This is a family run restaurant who knows their customers well and looks after them as welcoming those new as well.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 28, 2016

Around 40 years ago, my idea of a special treat was a visit with my parents to the Seagull fish and chip restaurant at Hightown. Last night we made our first visit since it changed to a Chinese restaurant many years ago and we were very impressed.

There is a good sized car park behind the restaurant from which you enter the smart bar area. We were served with a drink and then looked through the menu without any hurry. Once we had ordered we were taken to our table to await our food.

My wife had drunken prawns and said they were the best starter she'd ever had in a Chinese restaurant - there were around 7 massive in shell juicy prawns served in a wine and creamy garlic sauce. I had the salt and pepper prawns which were lovely and juicy although not as spicy as some people may like.

For main course I had the mixed meat and vegetable satay which was 4 skewers on well cooked food. My wife had the sizzling fillet steak with ginger and spring onions. Both were really tasty and the side dish of mushrooms was excellent.

The staff were very friendly and very relaxed, one area that sometimes or Chinese restaurants down is their tendency to whip your plates away too quickly.

Meal including 2 drinks each was £51 but we did choose the most expensive items on the menu. One slight disappointment was that the staff didn't point out the specials board which had some tempting choices which we didn't notice until after we'd ordered.

This was the best Chinese meal we've had for a long time and we will definitely be returning.

1  Thank morleyterrier
Reviewed April 12, 2016

This is a family run restaurant serving the very best Chinese food, in a lovely environment that makes it feel like you are having a special meal out, and the staff are always really friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed February 27, 2016

We were very pleased to be received and treated so well at the restaurant. The staff are friendly and very attentive, working in a pleasant atmosphere. Our "Banquet" meal was enjoyable and interesting!

Reviewed November 29, 2015

I've eaten here many times over the past 20 years and the quality of service and food is the reason that I keep going back. If you like a good Chinese meal then you won't be disappointed here.