“Very enjoyable”

The Dusty Miller Mirfield
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Mirfield
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Reviewed July 19, 2018

We had a lovely family meal. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Two of us had the halloumi burger which was a massive piece of cheese! Took mine out and ate it separately and put my chips in the sandwich instead. There were 8 of us and I don't think anyone had a complaint about the meal. I was a little disappointed with the coconut and chocolate torte, the portion was on the small side and was more chocolate than coconut, I wouldn't have even known there was coconut in if it hadn't have said on the menu.

One problem we have that seems to be very common is the fact that sweets are never marked as being vegetarian/vegan or not. I enquired about the panna cotta and was told it was not vegetarian due to the gelatine in it but this was not stated on the menu.

We would visit again and felt very comfortable there.

The benches outside were a little dated and ours had rotting wood. More brollies would benefit those trying to shelter from the sun, I think there were only 2 out of about 8 tables and 1 of those took off and nearly landed in the nearby road with passing traffic.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 16, 2018

The waitresses were friendly enough although they cleaned the tables around us by spraying from a distance all over the vinegar bottle and salt/pepper pots, then only wiping the table itself, leaving detergent on the vinegar bottle and seasoning pots. Now for the food - £6 for 6 small prawns in a non descript watery liquid for starter and also a starter of pork cheeks that were so rubbery we could not chew them. Then a Chorizo burger with over fried chorizo pieces and a Steak and Ale pie which had such over salted gravy under the crust that we drank water all night to recover. Such a shame as we have just moved to the area and were looking for a new local. Won't eat there again. Took our friends so we were embarrassed by our poor choice.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal with the family, the staff are friendly and attentive. We was unable to book for fathers day which was disappointing but my fault for not booking earler.
Love this place.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Looked at the ratings really can’t understand the poor and terrible...very unjustified in my opinion. Today had Homemade Mushroom soup with a hot toasted roll and the Pork dinner it was divine. Others had Prawn cocktail and Belly Pork and Sea Bass in Tarragon sauce both said their meals were perfect. Will definitely be going back. Saw some Ladies ploughing through afternoon tea I personally don’t think we could have eaten it there was so much.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

A lovely family run pub. Atmosphere is brilliant had food with the family here and I can't complain. The food, the service basically the whole package was sopt on. Would higly recommend this place