All reviews afternoon tea beautiful hotel outdoor pool coach house scones bar menu high standard attentive staff old house exclusive use country house walled garden fine dining overnight stay wedding party beautiful grounds attention to detail
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a very beautiful hotel with excellent staff and good food and we had very high hopes of a lovely weekend , however when we arrived we were shown to a lovely room called walnut and having been in the room for about 10 minutes we realised the radiators were both on full blast despite the weather outside being nearly 20 degrees and very sunny ! We phoned down and were told that someone would sort it out while we had dinner .
This unfortunately didn’t happen and despite 2 visits from staff and 3 further phone calls nothing was done about it the whole weekend resulting in 2 terrible nights sleep even with the windows wide open !
The 2 large radiators are right next to the bed and there was no way of regulating the temp at all when we asked to speak to the manager we were told he wouldn’t be in all day and that the supervisor wouldn’t be in till lunchtime so we had breakfast at 8am (on a Sunday morning) and checked out immediately, sad as we had hoped to spend the morning relaxing at the hotel but our room was so uncomfortable we left .
Having been told the owners would be in touch and haven’t I can only assume they don’t care but it’s such a shame because I could never recommend this hotel now and it could be such a gem .

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debfasey
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Dissapointing to receive this review before having a chance to respond. As I explained there was no defect with the radiator valves, they just required turning 'clockwise' to turn off the heating. Of course it does require some time to cool down just like any domestic heating system. We care very much for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests - you asked for me to be informed but posted your review before allowing me the chance to investigate. I did contact you immediately on my return to work but you weren't interested in my response.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I have stayed twice at this lovely little hotel now and have been warmly welcomed and fantastically looked after both times. As a woman travelling on my own, I have always been made to feel comfortable and at ease and the brilliant staff strike exactly the right balance between being attentive and giving you space, and nothing is too much trouble - the lovely receptionist Jess even remembered me when I phoned to book my second visit, even though 12 months had passed since my first. Lovely big rooms too!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Our family stayed at Beechfield House for a couple of nights this summer while we explored the Cotswolds and Bath. Our expectations were exceeded by this beautiful hotel, the top-notch service, and great food, all at a very reasonable cost. We will definitely recommend to friends and return some day.

Room tip: We only saw our room, within the manor itself, but I expect all rooms are lovely given this well kept and nicely secluded property.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

What fabulous feedback. Thank you so much. I hope we’ll see you back again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Thank you to all the staff at this beautiful hotel. I have stayed here twice now and both times my stay has be superb. My home is being renovating so I had to find somewhere to stay i’ve had Sunday lunch here before and really enjoyed it, and love the setting so wasn’t difficult to decide to stay here.

I stayed in the comfy room it was more than comfy it was exquisite very large room the first time over look the surrounding fields and the second time I overlooked the Woodlands both views amazing. I love also how well attended the grounds are with it amazing beautiful trees that stands proud.

The staff are excellent, kind,friendly, warm, awesome people that’s what really made my stay. I have a gluten intolerance and the chef couldn’t do enough in adapting a meal if need be but I didn’t have to as had quite a few dishes I could choose from.

I’m truly blessed this beautiful gem is less than three miles from where I live. I certainly will return very soon. Once again thank you to you all and keep up the good work.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. So lovely to hear how much you have enjoyed staying here. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Good rooms, lovely outdoor pool and very good evening meal. A beautiful house and grounds.
Laura, the reception manager was particularly helpful and welcoming. We, and elderly parents were well looked after and our daughter, who we were visiting, was welcome to join us at the pool. We all had an excellent meal in the evening.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

How wonderful! Thank you for letting us know what a great stay you had.