1,625 results
All reviews freshly baked cookies round of golf free entry great golf course shelburne restaurant driving range play golf adventure playground main restaurant birthday treat aromatherapy shower afternoon tea balcony room fantastic hotel relaxing stay lovely setting little touches
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We received a spa day as a gift and were really looking forward to it. No info on the voucher as to what was included and no our particular day was no longer detailed on the website.

Arrived shortly after 9 and welcomed by a pleasant lady. Filled in the relevant forms and booked lunch to sit outside. Shown to the changing rooms with towel, robe and slippers. She said something about a cookie but that never appeared and left to it. No idea if the gym was included but it was tiny and nobody around.

I booked an Indian Head Massage and was very nice.

The pool area is quite small (15m pool) with a lovely glass surround looking out onto the golf course. The loungers leave little room to move around without falling in the pool so be careful!

Both myself and husband heard a lot of moaning from members in our respective changing areas and again in the sauna about day spa members ruining their use of he facilities. Not particularly pleasant to hear.

There appear to be lots of areas that need some maintenance and cleaning. The glass walls looked particularly dirty. The aromatherapy shower jets did not work and the jacuzzi only bubbled on one side.

Lunch was a bit half hearted. We both ordered a burger. It was dripping in grease and the lettuce was a bit limp. The courtyard was a extremely uninspiring box. No flowers to brighten it up and a large plastic box and water bottles in the corner. The fruit platter didn’t look the most fresh either.

All in all, it was a nice day but there are so many areas that they could do better.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BowoodResort, General Manager at Bowood Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Lozzy252,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent spa day at Bowood.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your day with us overall, but disappointed to learn that elements of your visit fell short of your expectations and our usual high standards, for which I apologise.

Your feedback is invaluable to us, as we continually strive to make improvements and provide our guests with the best possible experience, and I’m pleased to confirm that we have exciting plans to update ‘The Spa’ this Autumn!

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Bowood in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We came with friends for a Christmas meal and booked one of the smaller private dining rooms. This was excellent and enabled us to chat, control the volume of the background music and enjoy some very good food. Christmas meal are often poor quality when dining in a large group, but this was very good and service was excellent.

We thoroughly enjoyed it have booked again for this year.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear DaveWomble,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your 2017 festive dining event at Bowood!

I’m thrilled to hear that you and your party had such an enjoyable experience and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back to Bowood this year!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Visited for afternoon tea. Delicious sandwiches, great choice of teas! Lovely setting with golf course, spa etc. Close to the M4. Near Chippenham / Devizes. Reasonable prices too! Service was ok, not exceptional by any means.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 99PSB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Bowood Hotel.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea in our beautiful surroundings, however, I’m sad to hear that you felt the service to be lacking, for which I apologise and will certainly address with my Food & Beverage team.

Thank you again for your feedback and I very much hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Bowood in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

We found this hotel online, looking for somewhere near Avebury World Heritage Site to spend an evening and possibly play a round of golf the next day. Expectations were not only met but exceeded in just about every category - lovely room overlooking the golf academy course, with a larger than average bathroom sporting both a large bath and excellent shower; very comfy bed with good linen and pillows; charming library near the bar downstairs with free newspapers and books etc; excellent staff in all areas and, of course, the golf course which was superb

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gill M,

Thank you so much for leaving us your fantastic review, following your recent stay with us.

I’m thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful visit and that we exceeded your expectations!

I will be sure to pass your feedback on to the team and we very much look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Bowood in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

I’ve tried twice to call this hotel
The phone rings out , and I’m left with a voicemail!
How can a quality luxury hotel not even answer a phone ! I’m only trying to book 6 rooms nothing urgent , I’m off to the Wiltshire .

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nethermorefarm

Dear nethermorefarm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

We value each and every client enquiry, booking and visit we receive at Bowood and ensuring and maintaining a prompt, professional and efficient telephone service is amongst our top priorities.

It’s regrettable that we were unable to answer your calls personally during busy periods, for which I apologise, however, your feedback is invaluable to us, as we constantly monitor and strive to improve the service we provide to our guests.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you to Bowood in the future.