“A late Sunday lunch”

Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Re-furbished November 2013, The Crown is truly the flagship pub of the Wadworth Brewery,specialising in home cooked food with a modern twist. Steaks and ribs from the grill, duck and chicken from the rotisserie, a fabulous range of tapas and sharing boards are served along with the pub classics. A selection of 6 real ales complimented by an extensive wine list, alongside our coffee bar serving Brian Wogan coffees and hot drinks.
Reviewed April 30, 2017

We needed somewhere to eat at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon. The Crown serves food continuously from noon until 8pm I believe, unlike a lot of local establishments, who stop serving between 3pm and 6pm on a Sunday. so we decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. Four of us enjoyed our traditional roast dinner very much, served with a lovely dish of fresh vegetables and more provided on request. Service was excellent too, the staff were friendly and attentive. The dining area was busy when we arrived at 5pm but did quieten down soon after. There was football being televised in the main bar so at times a little noisy when a goal was scored but lovely to feel it was a real local pub with a bit of atmosphere. I am told the landlord served a 'good pint' , as you would expect from a Wadworth pub situated right next door to their brewery!

Reviewed April 21, 2017

My wife & I called in after a Wadworth brewery tour, just down the road. Unimposing frontage, but well decorated interior which goes back a long way and leads into a courtyard garden and a gate into the Wharf public car park.
Staff were friendly and helpful, and we had a lovely lunch of a small plate of chicken pieces and a sandwich.
We were so impressed that we called in again in the evening for dinner and were again impressed with the friendly service and good food. More lively in the evening with plenty of people in eating and drinking creating a good atmosphere. The lamb pie was very good and tasty.
A nice place that we would certainly visit again.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal on Easter Sunday, truly delicious roast lamb & all the trimmings. Hubby gave steak and ale pie 10/10.

Reviewed April 8, 2017

Regarded as one of the best pub food venues in Devizes and unlike so many the pie is real, not a casserole with a silly flap.

1  Thank Geoff J
Reviewed March 23, 2017

I visited The Crown for the first time on the 4th March 2017 on my daughter's recommendation. We had a really lovely lunch, my wife, daughter, son in law and grand-daughter. My grand-daughter is Coeliac and my daughter prefer to eat a G F diet, so both were well catered for.
I chose to have 4 starters as my meal, and as I had not been there before thought I could manage. Well I di but I think 3 would have been enough. I had chilli prawns, chopped up sausage ( delicious) and calamari but forget my 4 th dish. The food was good, everyone agreed. Alex and I enjoyed the beer.
I live full time in France so it really is treat to have a good English beer. We will be back when next over to see the family