“Another Great Meal in Devizes”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #12 of 82 Restaurants in Devizes
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Re-furbished November 2013, The Crown is truly the flagship pub of the Wadworth Brewery,specialising in home cooked food with a modern twist. Steaks and ribs from the grill, duck and chicken from the rotisserie, a fabulous range of tapas and sharing boards are served along with the pub classics. A selection of 6 real ales complimented by an extensive wine list, alongside our coffee bar serving Brian Wogan coffees and hot drinks.
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Fancied some lunch before returning home and we had a lovely meal here.

Ordered Fish and Chips, A roast for my partner and a couple of other dishes as well, all cooked well and tasty,

I got a large piece of Haddock which was lovely and (what I thought) was a smallish portion of chips but there were enough, my partner had a spinach and ricotta cannelloni which she said was lovely and the sides were great too.

She had an Eton Mess for desert and that was amazing (Managed to get some of this one but it was a great portion).

All in all a great experience, Jim the chef was brilliant.

1  Thank codfathers

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Good food, friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere. The beer was pretty good too. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed March 2, 2018

We decided to do the brewery tour next door but had time to kill. We popped into the crown for coffee and stayed 3 hours. A very good choice of meals. Large and small portions available. The chips were the best I have tasted in a long time. My husband's favourite is steak and kidney pudding. He decided that it was even better than mine! Full of very tender meat. The risotto is recommended by my grandson

1  Thank Marion_Harvey
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Visited on a busy Friday with a large group of friends. The place is lovely as are the staff. I really enjoyed my chilli pizza but had food envy as many of the other dishes looked so yummy! The starters looked awesome. I love this place and will be returning soon.

2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were invited to a birthday celebration at The Crown.
A table of eleven adults were sat in the rear of the pub which was very busy. Food arrived quickly and was of very generous portion sizes. Most of us had roast dinners. The landlord even brought out extra perfectly cooked roast potatoes.
Staff sang “happy birthday” and couldn’t do enough for us.
A very pleasant experience.

3  Thank Jane W