“Lunch time visit”

Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Re-furbished November 2013, The Crown is truly the flagship pub of the Wadworth Brewery,specialising in home cooked food with a modern twist. Steaks and ribs from the grill, duck and chicken from the rotisserie, a fabulous range of tapas and sharing boards are served along with the pub classics. A selection of 6 real ales complimented by an extensive wine list, alongside our coffee bar serving Brian Wogan coffees and hot drinks.
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

On our way to the brewery tour we stopped by at this pub next door.
Enjoyed excellent service and a really nice lunch and drink.
Would certainly revisit.

1  Thank Terry J

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We were looking for a bite to eat and there a few coffee house/cafes in the town but none took our fancy, we then came across the Crown which from the outside appeared to be a run of the mill town pub very small frontage, we presumed would be very small inside, to our surprise it was a tardis. The bar area was very clean and extended way back to reveal a lovely courtyard with numerous tables bathed in sunshine, we decided to order lunch and were pleasantly surprised with the quality and portions of the meals, as this was only a shopping trip to a lovely Wiltshire town we only partook in one drink which was most deserved.

1  Thank BlueBazza
Reviewed August 21, 2018

My partner and I recently visited The Crown for an evening meal,we were staying in Devizes and had eaten at other restaurants so thought we would give them a try as it looked very nice.
It was very quiet there apart fro a 60th birthday party which consisted of about a dozen people and they were half way through their meals or some had finished.
We bought drinks and sat at a table. Two waitresses were stood at the desk,one using a laptop the other talking to her,I approached them but got no response,I stood there a few minutes and eventually asked if meals were being served,the girl on the laptop was totally unresponsive,there other looked at me and said she would come to our table. We ordered our meals ,I ordered steak ,my partner ordered Spanish Chicken.We waited and waited,eventually mine came,and looked very nice though not very cheap for what it was.We waited and waited no sign of my partners chicken,I hadn`t touched mine as I was waiting to eat together.Eventually my partners meal came,which consisted of a pile of boiled rice with some chicken in sauce and butter beans,as soon as my partner saw it she was horrified as she doesnt eat rice.We told the waitress the order must be wrong as there was no mention of rice on the menu,which I immediately picked up and showed the waitress.She said she would check with the chef,on returning she said that was the meal and it must be a typing error on the menu and nobody else has complained.Though she did offer to get an alternative meal, mine was now stone cold,we declined the offer and decided to leave informing them we would not be paying for any of the food served,none of which was touched.Very disappointing visit and would suggest that the menu says exactly what you get.

1  Thank Neil T
Reviewed August 12, 2018

A group of us have a pub meal in different pubs each month and we decided to give the crown ago. Two couples are locals, saying they had eaten there. £12 for nachos,,, that tasted like they were cheap Aldi or Lidl own brand with a bit of salsa The food wasn't much better for the price. Even the locals in our group said this wasn't up to standard and seem like it was a different chef or he was having a off night The pub is lovely decorated....but too Pretentious for its own good...Shame

2  Thank icylight
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Although the food took a little while to arrive (there were 6 of us) the food was tasty.

The staff were friendly and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble.

We really enjoyed drinking outside in the sunshine.

Overall I would recommend and return to eat and drink here.