“Pleasant tearooms”
Review of The Wharf Tearooms

The Wharf Tearooms
Ranked #30 of 81 Restaurants in Devizes
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

This tearoom is next to the canal & a big car park. I was meeting a group of friends so it was the perfect meeting place (none of us live in Devizes). They have a good selection of drinks. My friend had a hot chocolate which came with a generous topping of cream & marshmallows.
They have gluten-free cake, but no milk-free cake, which is annoying as I cannot have milk. I had to have a bacon bap instead (a real hardship!).
I would definitely go back as the menu looked good.

1  Thank Sareeta C

Reviewed August 15, 2018

We are new to the area, and having an explore, we came across the Wharf Tea rooms. We were served by a friendly team of people, nothing was too much trouble. My sister had her beagle with us, the staff bought out a dish of water for the dog and we were able to have a dog biscuit for her too! This then enabled us to enjoy our fantastic cakes and afternoon tea.

1  Thank jackieash123
Reviewed July 20, 2018

The Wharf Tearooms is a family run business and it's such a lovely environment - best still, you don't have to visit the museum to visit the Tearooms!

Filled with many teapots and nic nacs there's lot to see inside the tea room and lots to browse (even greeting cards!) whilst enjoying your breakfast or lunch. The staff are beyond exceptional: they are incredibly friendly and remember your face even if you haven't been for many months! The coffee is great and the food is always of a good portion size and hot. Sometimes the wait can be 20+ minutes but this is indicative of a good and busy cafe.
It definitely a tourist area with the canal metres' away but so close to the town it's the best of both worlds.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Visited the Tearooms twice this week. First time after visiting the Canal Museum, and the second time today before my canal boat ride. On my first visit, I ordered a cheese and pickle sandwich which come with chips, salad, and coleslaw. The reason I order this is because I'd never had on before. No pickles nor cheese that I recognized. Looked to have some kind of spread on it with what I'd call red relish. The place is quiet, the staff friendly and the food good. Today I had a brie and cranberry sandwich again with chips, salad, and coleslaw. It was quite tasty. The tearooms overlook the canal which can be quite busy with canal boats, canoers, kayaker, and people walking the old towpath. A really nice place to spend some time.

1  Thank Carl C
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Nice friendly people, cozy tea room and excellent cream tea. We have had cakes toast ect and have never been dissapointed. Nice size tea pot containing more than 2 cups. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Graeme B