“Excellent service for group booking”
Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Ranked #21 of 73 Restaurants in Marlborough
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lamb Inn is a friendly country pub in the heart of Marlborough Wiltshire We also offer accommodation in the form of bed and breakfast. We have seven rooms available including twin, double and a family room, all with en-suits. There is a lunch menu available everyday of the week from 12.30pm to 14.30pm, which is changed on a regular basis depending on what is in season at the time. Sunday lunch usually consists of three different meats. All of the meat served is sourced from local butchers from local farms. We also offer vegetarian options, and children's meals. Dinner service runs from Monday to Thursday from 6.30pm to 9pm. There is a courtyard at the back of the pub to relax and enjoy the sunshine, plus a stable room for small functions or meetings. The Lamb Inn is a dog friendly pub, mans best friend will always be made welcome with treats and a bowl of water.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We booked the rustic stable room for a group lunch for 15, our second visit. In consultation with the group leader, Jackie devised a menu for us and we pre-ordered. The food was very good, the staff were attentive and we really enjoyed our meal.One point to note: if visiting on a Saturday, leave plenty of time to find parking spaces.

Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to send us this message.
It was good to see you all again.
I always like to tailor make menus for groups to make sure as many tastes and needs can be catered for.
I can only sympathize with your note on parking in Marlborough in general.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Visited the Lamb today for lunch (14 people and 5 GSP’s) and they accommodated us in our own room to the rear of their beer garden.

Food was delicious - tasty fish curry and a great selection of veg on the Sunday lunch, which had real mint sauce, with the homemade desserts gorgeous too... and a bonus homemade truffle at the end.

Waitresses and staff were lovely and made a real fuss of all the dogs.

Would highly recommend... just a shame we live a 2 hour drive away.

Hello,

It was great fun to look after you all and also to meet your gorgeous dogs.I'm so glad you enjoyed your food and hope to see you back again one day. Maybe next birthday if not before.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Booked Sunday lunch on the reviews on trip advisor very dissapointed I had chicken the veg wasn't cooked the three others had beef which wasn't cooked and tough sent it back to be recooked came back it was still tough their veg was undercooked I ate all mine but those with me ate hardly anything complained to the landlord and the lady who cooked the food to be fair they were very apologetic he offered us a round of drinks which we came back for later that day we were charged full price £12 each which in hindsight was a bit much the pub is really nice so perhaps the bad meal was a one off I would return but just for a drink

Hello,
I'm so sorry your meal was not as you had hoped,. I remember you because i brought out some more chicken for the beef eaters on your table as I was aware that they didn't enjoy their meat that pink. We do tend to cook our vegetable al dente and our beef we always cook rare and is from a local prize winning butcher which we trust.
I do hope you decide to come back to us so that we can do our best to make sure your meal is more to your taste.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Went here for a quick lunch on the day after our holiday. The food was excellent as always. I went for the oxtail which was real melt in the mouth, but could have done with a few more veg on the side whilst my wife had a steak pie which was a bit dry but we sorted it with some of the gravy from mine.

It's a drinkers pub but the food is constantly excellent too.

Hello Stephen,

So sorry your meal quite as good as it could have been. Please if you come back to us don't hesitate to ask for more vegetables and gravy or whatever you need. We are only too happy to try and make things right for you.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

Immediately attracted to The Lamb from the high street by a sign in front of the Town Hall. Walk down the hill and find a charming ancient pub with very friendly service. We met the proprietor, a charming interesting man who has run the place since 38 years. His wife cooks beautifully, we had the big lamb chop and the oxtail, highly recommended, a sourdough and olive starter and a great side salad with pea shoots. We sat by a sunny window under a roof of dry hops. Altogether delightful experience in a lovely town.

Vyv S, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review, it always means so much to us. I love cooking oxtail, such
a delicious and unctuous meat so I'm extra pleased you enjoyed it.
Hope to see you again soon